D

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Mon, May 16, 2022 5:16 PM

Issues with HBO Max

I previously had a direct subscription to HBO Max, which I cancelled a few months ago. During the Watch-a-Thon, I could not view all the Free HBO Max content. When I would try, the App would automatically search for my subscription (even displaying my name on its Homepage) and once it found that I was no longer subscribed, it wouldn't enable me watch content. I had no problems with the other channels offered during the promotion.  

Official Employee

• 

110 Messages

4 m ago

Hello, @Darkangel248800. Sorry to hear you had issues with HBO Max during our Watch-a-thon, but glad you were able to take advantage of the other content that was available. I will check to see if this was a known issue and see if there can be something done when we do another Watch-a-thon. Did you happen to still be signed in to HBO Max on your cable box even though your subscription had ended?

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@XfinityRose​ No. I wasn't signed into the HBO Max app through Flex. In fact, my subscription ended in November 2021. Sure, I was able to take advantage of the other free channels, but HBO Max had the content that most interested me. As far as a resolution when Xfinity has the next WatchaThon may not matter, as I may have a resubscribe to HBO Max by then or not even be a Xfinity customer. There's a lot of variables for something that far down the line. I'm hoping that something can be done for not being able to access content from just a couple weeks ago. Thank you. 

Official Employee

• 

245 Messages

We appreicate those details @Darkangel248800. My peers and I would be more than happy to help take a closer look into this. To get started, please use the chat icon in the upper right to enter Direct Messaging. From there, go ahead and compose a new message to "Xfinity Support" and send us a message with your name and address. 

To send a direct message [private message]:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message" icon

or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.
  • - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.
  • - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send it
I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here