Modem1's profile

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

Tuesday, November 22nd, 2022 8:26 PM

Closed

How to Factory Reset Xi6-A Flex

I wanted to try the "free" Xi6-A Flex (model AZ061AEI box from xfinity.  I used it for 2 hours and see it is a waste of time and resources (nothing but ads and commercials with no good content). There is no clear way to do a factory reset it before I ship it back. Problem is, this box has all of my customer data on it / device info (address, phone number, e-mail address, Comcast account number, data usage info, and password reset capabilities). One thing that is still missing is no way to do a factory reset.

1. I have tried pressing the WPS button upon upon the box booting for factory reset but nothing happened (tech support said light should change to amber). This restart method used to work on other devices but does not appear to work on this device.

2. I tried to do the reset provided on the remote, but it seems to only reset the remote, not the flex box itself.

How do I erase all my personal data from the box before shipping it?

For privacy and security, customers should be able to easily delete their own data from a  box before shipping it. What is the official process to do this?

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

2 years ago

Hello @Modem1 thank you for contacting our Xfinity Support Team over our Forums. I see that you need some help resetting the Flexbox and we are sorry about your overall experience with the box. In order to get started, can you please send me a private message to Xfinity Support with your full name and full address by clicking the chat icon in the top right?

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

@XfinityJorge​ Hi Jorge. Seems your name is not in the allowed message / chat window. I can see I message a lot of Xfinity____ names but yours is not showing on that list. Can Comcast / xfinity please post the instructions here ?

Problem Solver

• 

785 Messages

@Modem1 Thank you for letting us know that. In the "To" line if you type in Xfinity Support and select Xfinity Support fro the drop-down it will send our team the message. 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I couldn't agree more!!!... the flex box is a complete waste of time and a total piece of junk

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

To all those Xfinity employees reading this... just post publicly how to do a full factory reset on a X6-A box... [Edited: "Inflammatory"]

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here