Shapoonie's profile

Contributor

• 

134 Messages

Saturday, March 2nd, 2024 11:56 PM

How to disable Nap mode "are you still there"

Went round and round on this about a year ago.  I want to be able to leave my TV on as I see fit not turn off after 4 hours and ask me "are you still there".   On a phone call with a support person I was told that this is the way it is and there is nothing I can do.  

4 different boxes, 5 visits from field technicians and and multiple chats and calls.  

It was all a big waste of my time and Xfinity's. No wonder they charge so much 

I see others that have this issue and I was wondering what if anything was done.  

Power saver is set to OFF

HDMI is set to OFF

Screen saver set to 5 Min

I don't need to be sent links on how to change my settings.

Problem Solver

• 

434 Messages

4 months ago

@Shapoonie Nothing has been done regarding this issue. Still exists. Best thing you can do is send Tom Karinshak feedback. He is the Executive Vice President and Chief Customer Experience Officer at Comcast. https://support.xfinity.com/svp-contact-form

Contributor

• 

134 Messages

3 months ago

All I am getting is the same run around as before.  Here is the explanation that I got.

1. Power Saver Mode:
• When your TV Box has been inactive for four hours, it automatically enters Power Saver Mode. In this mode, the box conserves power by reducing energy consumption.
• If you have Power Saver enabled, you’ll see an “Are You Still There?” message on your screen. If you don’t respond, the TV Box will switch to Power Saver Mode.
• This feature is designed to prevent unnecessary power usage when you’re not actively watching TV.

2. Nap Mode:
• If you don’t have Power Saver enabled, your TV Box will go into Nap Mode after four hours of inactivity.
• Unlike Power Saver Mode, Nap Mode does not save power. It ensures that content doesn’t continue playing indefinitely while you’re away or asleep.
• The “Are You Still There?” message won’t appear in Nap Mode, but the TV Box remains active.

3. Why Nap Mode?:
• Nap Mode serves as a balance between energy conservation and user convenience.
• Some viewers accidentally fall asleep with the TV on. Nap Mode prevents content from playing all night long.
• While we understand that preferences vary, this feature aims to strike a balance for a majority of users.  
It should be my choice as to what my TV does not Xfinity.  

Official Employee

• 

980 Messages

Hey @Shapoonie, We do recommend extending the screensaver timer in order to assist in the application not getting paused in order to continue playing music. The application is available on a variety of other devices that you can continue to use as well.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

134 Messages

Extending the screen saver would defeat its purpose and the power saver will shut everything down after 4 hours.  This post is about the box going into nap mode after 4 hours.  

1 Message

You can only extend it 5 hours.  THAT IS NOT ACCEPTABLE!!!  I am considering leaving xfinity over this.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hello and welcome to Comcast @user_0w6f4p. Here is a link on how to Manage Power Preferences on X1 and Flex boxes. Please let us know if you have any questions regarding these steps. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here