U

Thursday, October 26th, 2023 3:13 PM

Closed

Flex/X1 Question

Hello all -

I recently dropped Directv and picked up xfinity "tv and streaming" as a replacement. Since I was previously an internet subscriber, I already had the flex box. Should I also have gotten a different cable box for this service? I've had tons of issues with the three X15 remotes so far (numerical and alphabetical buttons don't work, remote is very laggy, etc.). I was on the phone with tech support for over an hour without any help at all. They finally said they are going to send me a new remote, but I'm fearful that this issue is deeper than that. Any help would be appreciated. Do I even have the right equipment?!!!!

7 Messages

8 months ago

Hi All -

Has anyone had the issue where neither the letter nor number keys on the XR15 are working for the XFinity Streaming App? I was on with customer service for over an hour trying to pair/re-pair, factory reset, but nothing seemed to work. The volume and power buttons work, however.

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Numbers/Letters Not Working on XR15 Remote

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

8 months ago

Hello, @user_brbqlu! Thank you for creating these posts about your Flex equipment concerns. We've merged the two posts since their content is regarding similar topics, and we want to ensure that every question is answered. To clarify, have you upgraded from an Internet-only + Flex plan with us, to both Video (broadcast TV) and Internet services? If so, you would likely need different equipment for a primary TV Box, and this could affect how your current Flex system (and remote) works. Would you be able to check your current box and let us know if it's an Xi5 or Xi6 model?

7 Messages

@XfinitySara​ It's an internet only plan. I don't have a separate box.

Official Employee

• 

992 Messages

@user_brbqlu lets take a deeper look into your acocu details,

Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue.

To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or https://comca.st/3EqVMu7

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

7 Messages

I did this and they are sending me a replacement remote. I'm not optimistic, however. I have three separate remotes with the same issue and two different tvs.

Official Employee

• 

598 Messages

Have you already been provided details on when the replacement would be arriving? We can follow up after to see if the issue is resolved @user_brbqlu.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

7 Messages

I have not received any information on when it will be arriving, just that it has been sent.

Thank you.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here