kldavies's profile

Contributor

• 

16 Messages

Tuesday, January 11th, 2022 9:03 PM

Closed

Flex xi6 box not streaming surround sound... only stereo

Getting great 2160p picture though from Gateway xFi modem.  Why isn't the xi6 flex box also passing high resolution audio?

I recently switched from a coax set top box feeding optical Dolby 5.1 into my Yamaha receiver.  This set-up was fine for many years, but wanting to upgrade to 4K UHD with Optoma projector, I have been forced to rent Gateway xFi modem with Flex xi6 box.  What is solution to get 4K video and surround sound?

Accepted Solution

Contributor

• 

16 Messages

3 years ago

Until a solution is uncovered, I have returned my system to a cable box with regular HD.  At least with that, I get Dolby surround sound too.  Is it a possibility that there are faulty modems or Flex boxes, since it does not seem to be a pervasive issue?  Otherwise everyone that has upgraded to Gateway/Flex with a Hi-fi soundbar/receiver would be screaming.

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

3 years ago

Hello @kldavies! Have you tried the auto detect(Dolby Digital 5.1) audio setting on the xi6 to make sure the proper sound is coming through? Press the Xfinity button and right to the gear symbol. Scroll down to device settings then move down to audio. You can make the changes under Audio output. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I am having the same issue.  I have it set to expert.  Only sends a stereo signal.   My Yamaha receiver doesn't allow me to toggle through different audio "movie modes", display says "Not Available."  I've tried resetting the Flex box.  Nothing changes.  

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

Hi, @xarafus75! I am sorry to learn that you are having the same issue with only getting the stereo signal. Can you tell me if you are connecting to the Yamaha device via Bluetooth?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

It’s connected via HDMI

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hey! Please accept my most sincere apology for the experience that you have encountered. We would be more than happy to assist. When connecting the Xi6 directly to a television, do you happen to see other audio options available. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here