U

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Friday, April 19th, 2024 3:28 PM

Dolby Atmos Impossible with Xumo Stream Box?

There is no Dolby Atmos option on the Xumo Stream Box audio setup screen. When selecting Passthrough I only receive Dolby Digital Plus for Dolby Atmos titles.

Has anyone been able to receive Atmos using the Xumo Stream Box? If so, which app, which movie, and which audio setting did you use?

Official Employee

• 

769 Messages

2 months ago

Hello user_c8da3d, Certain streaming apps provide atmos and not all of them at this time.

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Please answer the questions. "Has anyone been able to receive Atmos using the Xumo Stream Box? If so, which app, which movie, and which audio setting did you use?"

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

769 Messages

At this time, we do not have a list of Atmos rated content user_c8da3d. This all depends on the Networks and which content they release.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

I am not asking for a list. One example will do. Otherwise, my only conclusion is the Xumo Stream Box is unable to stream Atmos content on Xfinity.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

I did check, and it looks like you're corect. We do have ATMOS on our X1 boxes but not on Xumo quite yet. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

@XfinityAntoine​ to be clear ...

The Xumo Stream Box supports Atmos but Xfinity is blocking any and all Atmos content sent to the Xumo box, no matter which app is used?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here