U

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Thursday, November 17th, 2022 1:15 AM

Closed

Discovery+ app not working

The discovery+ app will no longer load when attempting to access it via the Xfinity flex box. It works fine with all of my other devices. This has been an issue for at least a month.

Accepted Solution

Problem Solver

• 

502 Messages

2 years ago

Thank you for trying those resets to check into this, @user_953f1e! Have you tried clearing the locally stored data on the Flex? Here are the steps:

1. Press the home button on the remote.

2. Use the right or left arrow buttons to get to the gear icon and then press OK to go to Settings.

3. Use the up or down arrow buttons to get to Privacy and press OK.

4. Go to Locally stored data and press OK.

5. You'll see a confirmation window. Press OK to clear locally stored data.

6. You'll see another confirmation message letting you know the cookies and locally stored data have been cleared.

Please note: Clearing locally stored data may sign you out of many apps on your TV Box and may affect apps on devices linked to your account. Re-launching apps may store new data on your TV Box.

We also have these steps listed on our support site

This comment was created from this reply

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

this is exactly happening to me....it started about 2 weeks ago and not sure why?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

2.9K Messages

2 years ago

Hey there, @user_953f1e

Have you done a manual restart on the Flex box by unplugging the power for a couple minutes? I would reset the TV is it hooked up too and the modem in the home that the flex box is connected to. Let us know if you tried these steps and what happened. We want to help here at our Xfinity forums! Thank you so much for posting and your patience! 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@XfinityMartinB​ 

Yes, everything has been reset multiple times but the app still won’t load. 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@XfinityMartinB​ Yes, everything has been reset more than once but the app still won’t load. The Discovery+ logo screen comes up but nothing beyond that.

Problem Solver

• 

502 Messages

Thank you for trying those resets to check into this, @user_953f1e! Have you tried clearing the locally stored data on the Flex? Here are the steps:

2. Use the right or left arrow buttons to get to the gear icon and then press OK to go to Settings.

6. You'll see another confirmation message letting you know the cookies and locally stored data have been cleared.

Please note: Clearing locally stored data may sign you out of many apps on your TV Box and may affect apps on devices linked to your account. Re-launching apps may store new data on your TV Box.

We also have these steps listed on our support site

This reply has been converted into a comment

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

This worked for me. Thank you

Problem Solver

• 

393 Messages

@user_ff6a11 Thank you so much for reaching out to let us know that following the steps listed above successfully solved the Discovery+ app issue for you! 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

The discovery+ app is not working!!!! tried all those things. It seems like xfinity has deleted discovery+ from the app files. You can't even get information in the search. What gives?

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hello @user_b3c471! Thanks so much for taking a moment out of your day to leave a post on our community forum. Are you still having this same concern? I just want to make sure you get taken care of.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

Hello @user_b3c471​ 

I am sorry you’re having an issue with the Discovery+ app on your Flex Box. May I ask how many devices are on your Xfinity gateway that used the password. Think about driving a 5-passenger car with 8 people inside the vehicle. It will be uncomfortable, but you will arrive. Also how far is the Xfinity Gateway from your Flex Box? Are you using a Xfinity Gateway or a Personal Router?

Team Unbeatable  

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I am also experiencing the same issue. I tried the fixes mentioned above (resetting the Flex box and clearing locally stored data) and nothing has solved the problem.

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Hey there @user_5c8ddf thank you for bringing this to our attention our team is here to help with the Flex issues. In order to get started, can you please send me a private message to Xfinity Support with your full name and full address by clicking the chat icon in the top right?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I am having the same issues.  I have reset the television, internet, and flex box.  I have also deleted the locally stored data.

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

Hello @user_c85542​ 
Thank you for your time⌚. May I ask if you what speed tier are you using and how many devices are connected to your home Wi-Fi using the internet password?

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

We have over 1 gig of speed and only two phones are also connected to the wifi

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I am having the same issue as well. Nothing has worked. So frustrating. 

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

Hello @Lizziekeith​ 
I can understand. It can be very frustrating 😤. May I ask if you are using your Xfinity Gateway or a Personal Router? 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Same here. I'm using an Xfinity gateway, I have cleared the data & manually restarted, with no success. 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

Same issue with the flex box and Discovery + not loading.

I have reset the box by unplugging it.

I have cleared out all the data as suggested in above solutions.

I have only one device hooked up to the flex while i'm testing it.  All other apps in the Flex (HBO Max, Peacock, etc)  work perfectly fine.

Is there a way to reload or update the application manually?

Thanks.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

We also have been unable to launch Discovery+ for a couple of weeks. Before finding this post, I'd unplugged the Flex box, waited 30 seconds, plugged it back in. Having found this post, I've reset the Locally Stored Data three times in conjunction with two more attempts at unplugging the Flex box and I've restarted our Arris modem and Synology router. Still no Discovery+. The D+ app was displaying its splash screen constantly without progressing to the app since the problem started. Now, after the reset of the Locally Stored Data, Flex box, modem and router, The Discovery+ splash screen flashes briefly on the screen then the screen goes black. Xfinity, what can you do or what do we need to do to restore the functionality of Discovery+ for us? (BTW, I can launch D+ from the Web on a PC.)

Official Employee

• 

4K Messages

Hey, @user_089baa! Thanks for reaching out to us. I apologize to hear that you are running into this issue as well. We certainly appreciate everything you have tried so far. I would like to have a further look into this and, if we need to, get a ticket open if we are unable to get this up and running for you. Can you please click the Direct Message icon at the top right of the page, click on the pen and pad icon and enter Xfinity Support in the "To" section of the chat and provide us with your first/last name and full address so we may further assist you?

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Hi XfinityMichaelC. Good news! We launched Discovery+ a couple days ago and it worked. Guessing either Xfinity or Discovery+ figured out what was wrong and fixed it. We hadn't taken any further action on our end.

Problem Solver

• 

788 Messages

Thanks for reaching back out to let us know that Discovery+ is working for you again!! We are truly glad to hear it!! I hope that you have a great week and continue to enjoy the services!

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

We also have been unable to launch Discovery+ for a couple of weeks. Before finding this post, I'd unplugged the Flex box, waited 30 seconds, plugged it back in. Having found this post, I've reset the Locally Stored Data three times in conjunction with two more attempts at unplugging the Flex box and I've restarted our Arris modem and Synology router. Still no Discovery+. The D+ app was displaying its splash screen constantly without progressing to the app since the problem started. Now, after the reset of the Locally Stored Data, Flex box, modem and router, The Discovery+ splash screen flashes briefly on the screen then the screen goes black. Xfinity, what can you do or what do we need to do to restore the functionality of Discovery+?

Problem Solver

• 

492 Messages

Hello @user_08e7a4, thank you for taking the time to reach out to us! We will be happy to help with your Discovery+ issue. If you don't mind, can you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? We are happy to help. 

To send a "Peer to peer" ("Private") message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

We have the same issue, it always starts in the weekend. It's only on our Xfinity Flexbox, as Roku and Firestick work just fine. Restarting, removing local storage, it all does nothing to make it work. It just shows the Discovery+ Logo, then the screen goes black. Maybe you should reach out to Discovery, and figure out why it's their app on this platform that's not working properly?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

Same issue. It works on my regular Roku tv, phone and everything else just not my flex box. The icon won’t even load, the screen just goes back and I have to turn it off just to get back to the Home Screen.

Contributor

• 

340 Messages

@user_a8a6b3 I am sorry to hear you are experiencing the same issue. Have you tried clearing the locally stored data on the Flex? Here are the steps:

We also have these steps listed on our support site

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

I am having the same issue.  Tried reseting and clearing data. Nothing helped. 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@user_92604f Thank you so much for letting us know are also running into the same issue. If you have already followed the recommended steps above 

send our team a direct message with your full name, the name listed on the account (if different), and the service address associated with your account, I'd be more than happy to look into this for you.

To send a Direct Message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, next to the bell icon, and then type or select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a direct message.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

The same thing is happening to me, its been an issue for over 2 months, I've tried everything in the forum but discovery+ is still broken.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

Same thing here, tried both fixes. Clearing cache/cookies and unplugging. Nothing working for D+ to start. All other apps start just fine.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here