U

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Friday, March 8th, 2024 11:20 PM

Dateline keeps interrupting any show I’m watching

Random dateline murder mysteries start playing while I’m in other streaming apps

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

3 months ago

I have the new Xumo box that came in February 

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

3 months ago

This seems to be prevalent in lots of forum comments. Is there any specific fix? It’s extremely interruptive to be watching a movie and it then switch to a program you never chose

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

3 months ago

Same problem dateline comes on with everything we are watching .How do you fix this ?

9 Messages

don't think there is a fix, the interface is awful

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

3 months ago

@Xfinity Support please help! I’ve asked on the forum and continue to see this issue of dateline randomly interrupting live tv on YouTubeTV to streaming episodes on Netflix 

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Hello, @user_1228bf this is definitely a unique situation and not listed as a known issue. Can you tell me what troubleshooting steps you've tried to correct this issue? Is this a specific episode of Dateline or random episodes? Lastly before the episode interrupts are there any error messages or codes that pop up first? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Not a unique experience at all we have the exact same problem- it’s a defect in xumo

Official Employee

• 

370 Messages

Hello @HALLOFSHAME! I apologize that you are experiencing issues with the Xumo streaming box. I'd be happy to dive deeper to see how to best resolve this issue. 

Please send us a direct message with your first/last name and full address. You can start by clicking the "direct message" icon on the upper right page of the forum page. Once you click on that, input our shared handle "Xfinity Support" to send us a direct message. If you're signed in to your forums profile and because you have already posted to the public page, you should have the option to do so.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Official Employee

• 

332 Messages

Hey there, @HALLOFSHAME. We wanted to loop back around and see if you were still having issues with your Xumo service? Let us know by replying to this post publically or follow the instructions our agents have provided to reach us through direct messaging. 

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Yep , still happening . 

1 Message

2 months ago

I’m also having this problem! I’m tired of murder stories interrupting every show! Please help. 

Official Employee

• 

919 Messages

Thank you for reaching out to us here @user_2so56o. Are you experiencing that issue with a XUMO box or one of the X1 boxes for cable service? If you are using a XUMO box have you tried turning off the default to live TV option on the Start-up and Standby settings for the Dateline 24/7 issue? Xumo Stream Box from Xfinity — Settings overview

1 Message

28 days ago

This same issue is happening to me . Frustrating. Rarely can watch a full show without it interrupting. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here