U

Thursday, December 14th, 2023 11:28 PM

Closed

Customize FLEX home screen and applications

Is there a way to choose what apps are shown on the home screen?  There are tons I don't use at all, have no interest in, all up toward the front, while ones I do use are far down the line or aren't even on there at all. I  have to look them up every time, even if it's the only app I've used for days.  I checked all of the menus on the box, and under apps there are no actual choices to do anything intuitive regarding the apps shown. I have it set to show it in the order I use them, and not featured etc, but it doesn't change anything. 

Homescreen = the first and only screen that shows as soon as you turn on your tv. 

Another issue I have is actually being able to add services or upgrade ones you have.  All instructions always point to being able to just add the service from the app choices but you can't. and you can't upgrade apps without having to call in.  I tried to upgrade my paramount to paramount plus showtime, and it was impossible. I chatted with customer service like 3 times and everyone kept telling me it was done until finally one person said that it couldn't be done and I had to contact Paramount + but Paramount + says to contact Xfinity if you get the service through them. I ended up cancelling it.  And actually I saw it on my November bill even thought it was cancelled Nov 1. so I have to remember to contact someone about that. 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

6 months ago

Thank you for reaching out to us @user_us02sb! At this time, there is not an option/feature to rearrange the apps on the Flex Home screen. Often times those upgrades to have a service like Paramount + and Showtime are available through the app provider. We should be able to assist with adding those different subscriptions but not bundled together unless we have a promotion available. 

On you November bill, could you please check the “Billing Date” at the top of the statement? This should be right between account number and “Services From”. If the billing date is a date that is before 11/1/23 that will cause the changes that occurred on 11/1/23 to not appear on this cycle. When this happens you will see a prorate when the next bill generates.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

6 months ago

PLEASE fix the arrangement of apps issue.  It has been annoying since we got the Flex.  I would like to add a couple other available apps, but they are a pain to get to, and I can't what is available when browsing.  There are a lot of apps I don't need at the beginning of the list and this is a simple fix.  Every other provider I have ever dealt with has this and it almost ruins the pleasure of having the Flex.  I know people have been asking for this for at least 2 years.  Are they ever going to consider changing it?

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Hi there @DNTRASK!  Thanks so much for taking the time to voice your concerns here on our Community Forum.  We are so glad to hear from you and want to help in any way that we can.  As with all the services and products that we offer our customers, we are always looking for ways to improve the overall expereince for you.  All comments and suggestions are always welcomed because we want to ensure a top tier experience.  You would be surprised at how many features started out as suggestions or comments from our customers.  Our technology and product experience teams are always open to these suggestions, and we will be sure to pass them on.  

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

6 months ago

I guess my system just updated because the opening screen is different. How can I arrange the apps/ channels I use the most to appear at the front rather than to go looking for them? 01/09/2024.

Official Employee

• 

769 Messages

Hello @user_qfxgmo. At this time, there is no way to rearrange that on the Flex device. That is a very good suggestion however!

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Being able to customize the Home Screen is literally the most basic of requests and yet despite ALL the feedback you have gotten over the past 3 years, Xfinity has not bothered to fix this issue. 
That is just bad business. 

1 Message

3 months ago

Do they honestly " want to ensure a top tier experience" if they can't fix this basic request??   Time to move to a different internet provider... XFinity doesn't listen.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here