U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, October 24th, 2022 1:21 AM

Closed

Charged for Flex box without being told to return it.

I closed my Xfinity account a couple of months ago. I asked if I had any equipment that needed to be returned and the customer rep said no. I later received an email saying I needed to return my flex box and that I was already being charged. I dug around my house looking for it — I didn’t even realize I had it. I know remember them making me take it from the store for no reason and I forgot about it.

If the rep had responded honestly to let me know that I had this box and it needed to be returned, then I would have found it earlier and brought it back. But Xfinity is clever, since this is how the scam works. They make you take a physical product that you didn’t ask for or need because they know you’ll forget about it. They then force you to go to the store where the reps have literally no power to reverse the scammy charges and instead direct you to Xfinity customer service — since I apparently don’t have an account anymore I can’t even figure out how to get connected with a real human.

This is the closest thing to legal fraud I’ve ever experienced.

Official Employee

• 

3.9K Messages

2 years ago

Hey there, @user_7648f0! Thanks for reaching out to us on the Forums. I apologize to hear of the experience that you had with the flex box and not originally being able to return it. Once it it returned and removed from the account, the charges would go away. When you went to the store, were they able to remove it from your account? We can certainly have a look into the charges! Can you please click the Direct Message icon at the top right of the page, click on the pen and pad icon and enter Xfinity Support in the "To" section of the chat and provide us with your first/last name and full address so we may further assist you?

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@XfinityMichaelC​ Thanks for reaching out. I don't see the direct message button. Do you have another way for me to contact you?

Problem Solver

• 

743 Messages

@user_7648f0 

"Search for Xfinity Support" won't work. To send a "Direct Messaging" message to Xfinity Support:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

• - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I'm also getting charged for a Flex box that I didn't ask for. I have no problem sending the equipment back since I've never used it, but I think it's ridiculous to call something free, and then start charging them for it a month later. 

Problem Solver

• 

567 Messages

Thanks for letting us know about this @user_5b1074! While the first Flex box is free, any additional box does include a rental fee. We'd love to further investigate this issue together. Would you be willing to send us a private message with your full name and address?

To send a "Peer to peer" ("Private") message:

Click "Sign in" if necessary

-Click the "Direct Message" icon (square chat icon in the upper right corner of your screen next to the bell icon)

-Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

-Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list that appears, and the "Xfinity Support" graphic will replace the "To:" line

-Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

-Press Enter to send it

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I’m so glad to see I’m not the only one. I’ve been repeatedly getting charged for a “tv box” when I have no tv service. I called customer service and asked them to wipe it last month. She assured me the charge would be gone for the rest of my plan. I get my bill THIS month and the charge is still there. I remember so vividly when I started my service two months ago in August they handed me my router and flex box. I told them right then and there that I have a smart tv and I do not want a flex box. They told me they were required to give it to me and that there would be no extra charge. Now I’m being charged $8 extra a month for equipment I was FORCED to take that I didn’t even want that I was explicitly told would not cost me anything??? What a scam. 

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

@user_e4205a, please send us a direct message so we can access your account and reconcile this equipment issue. Our team can turn things around and resolve this. Just use the Direct Messaging icon at the top of the page to send your name and service address to "Xfinity Support." 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

Same here, I was forced to take this box and now they're telling me I have to find it and return it or they'll charge me.  This is a scam.  I'm writing to my congressman and a few lawyers about starting a class action lawsuit.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

@user_c29ed8 Hello! We will need you to send us a Private Message with your full name and address so that we can take a closer look at what you are referring to. Here are some simple steps you can use on how to send us a PM in case you need them:

Click "Sign In" if necessary
 • Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon (upper right corner of this page)
 • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
 • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
 • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
 • Press Enter to send your message

We look forward to hearing from you and investigating this further.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here