D

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, January 25th, 2022 1:40 PM

Closed

Buffering

While trying to stream HBO Max I was getting a ton of buffering while being plugged into a 4k HDMI port that has a refresh rate of 30 HZ so I switched it to a 4K HDMI port that had a refresh rate of 60 HZ. I didn't see any further buffering but it was later in the evening when I was probably the only one streaming on my street. My fear is that we are sharing bandwidth with my street. I pay for 600 maps and I am getting about 395.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

3 years ago

Hey @dg240sx thank you for reaching out to our community forums for help with your connection. Have you been experiencing the same issues since you created this post? Can you verify if the speed issue is the same with other devices and during other times of the day? 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@XfinityEva​ Yes I have verified on other devices at this time, which is in the evening, that it is seriously delayed.  I noticed that I get 400-500 during the day.

Also now we get a dialog box that pops up in the HBOMax app on Flex that says the title cannot be found although my wife and I had watched other episodes of the same title right before this message appeared after trying to go to the next episode.  It required me unplugging the Flex device and waiting for it to reboot before we were able to resume watching.  Very inconvenient.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

@dg240sx Yeah that would get annoying quick and we certainly don't expect you to restart your box every other episode. I'd like to take a deeper look into your connections as they could be related. Can you send us a direct message so I can? You can send one by clicking the "direct message" icon in the upper right corner of our forum page by the alerts icon. Once you click on that, click the new message icon that looks like a pencil and paper. From there, input our shared handle Xfinity Support to send us a direct message.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I am using xfinity stream on a new smart TV - with a fire stick - and I get buffering all the time. The TV is on the same desk as my xfinity router. Please help. All devices are up to date.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

I am having very similar buffering troubles. I read this thread however it appears that the responses from Xfinity team are not displayed here publically

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hello @user_76e81b! Thanks so much for taking a moment out of your day to leave a post on our community forum. We do have a great troubleshooting page that could help as well. Take a look here: https://comca.st/3ait2ZB

Or you can also always use the Xfinity My Account app for troubleshooting or the Xfinity app. Please let me know if this is helpful or if you are still having concerns after attenmpting the troubleshooting. I'm always happy to help! 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here