U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, December 28th, 2021 2:07 AM

Closed

APPS-04154

There's problem with youtube tv. It kept saying sorry (APPS-04154) and kicked me off. Now it's blank black. I had to restart every time. But it's been doing that almost every hour whenever I watch nfl games. I subscribed youtube tv 3 days ago. It kept doing that everyday.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

3 years ago

Hello @user_b247c5, thanks for reaching out for help with your apps. By chance is this happing on multiple devices, or one device specifically? If multiple, please confirm the devices that are giving you trouble. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

This happens to me also, video plays for about an hour sometimes longer then goes black with the error APPS-04154.

This only happens on the Flex streaming device. I thought perhaps it was overheating so I place a fan directly over it and kept it cool. This did not prevent the app from crashing.

The only way to fix it is to power cycle the Flex device. It works every time but this is not an acceptable solution. 

YouTubeTV is the one that seems to do it the most frequent but it does it on all of the other apps as well.

Netflix

Hulu

Peacock

Prime Video

It's an issue with the Flex device or software itself for the Flex.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.2K Messages

Thanks for the feedback S28_Labs, this is a known issue that we are aware of and have our engineering team working on this as we speak. We will provide updates as we make progress in getting this resolved. Thanks for your patience. 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

We are having the same problem with YouTube TV. It plays for  while and then we get a black screen and YouTube TV Error Message APPS-04154. When will this be fixed?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Same issue, very annoying!

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Hey there, @user_9863ab. That's certainly frustrating and we would like to help! Can you please advise if this is happening on multiple devices or is it only occurring on one? If so, which device? Thanks!

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Same thing is happening to me. Almost every day, my apps are grayed out and I can’t get to any of them. I get the “apps 04154” error message and have to restart the box. This is only happening on 1 TV and I have already replaced the box. I can’t keep restarting every day. How can this be fixed?

Official Employee

• 

2K Messages

Hi there! Our awesome digital care team would be happy to assist you. Can you initiate a chat and start with your full name and address? To start a chat, you must be signed in. Please click the chat icon in the top right of the page next to the bell, and send your message to "Xfinity Support". Talk to you there!

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

So, how can you publish these apps to your hub device when you are unable to connect via your wire?  Seems like I have no issue through ROKU!

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

This is an on going issue with the apps-04154 for some reason talking to an agent is just worthless they have yet to fix this issue.

Problem Solver

• 

828 Messages

@user_0731cd

Is this only happening only on your Flex device, or are you experiencing this issue when you try to stream YouTube on other devices as well?

I no longer work for Comcast.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here