RB500's profile

New Poster

• 

8 Messages

Sunday, July 3rd, 2022 2:22 AM

Closed

Adding channels to flex stream app

Hello, I am an internet only customer with a free flex box.  I recently called and inquired about adding a channel package to the stream app and was informed that I basically needed to become a cable subscriber again, change my service to a double play package (without a cable box rental), but would have to pay equipment rental fees for the flex box along with additional fees and taxes.  The agent said that there is no way to have additional channels in stream unless you have a cable service.  When I added everything up there is no xfinity offer that can compete with just subscribing to sling, Hulu, or YouTube.  You guys appear to still be trying to shoehorn internet only customers into that old TV business model.  Needless to say, I was very disappointed. You have the technical capability to just sell a lineup of channels that will run in the stream app just like competing streaming services but without all the cable package expenses.  And by the way, when you stream video internet only, what you are delivering may no longer be considered “cable tv” as municipalities you operate within usually define it, enabling you to potentially get around certain local regulations and operating costs.  This could open up additional savings potential for you that can be passed on to customers.  

Official Employee

• 

772 Messages

2 years ago

Hey there! I appreciate your feedback. As the needs of our customer's change, we do our best to keep up and assure you that we work as hard as we can to bring a variety that suits most needs. Depending on the channel you may be able to subscribe to them directly and stream that way. Did you give that a shot?

New Poster

• 

8 Messages

2 years ago

Hello Sheila, thank you for your reply.  What I am looking for is to have something like a digital silver lineup of channels within the stream app that runs on the flex box (or anywhere else).  No old business model fees or taxes should be charged because this would be streaming and not local cable tv, and no rental fee for a flex box that is already free.  Sling TV, Youtube, and Hulu do this perfectly well.  What would be the competing offer from Comcast for a single consolidated bill?  Please let me know what the name of the offering is and I’ll order it.  Another nice to have would be the ability to travel and view the entire package on my iPad no matter where I am in the country as if I was sitting at home including my local broadcast channels for my service area without being tied to a Comcast Internet connection specifically.   So there is my request and wishlist. Get the market research and product managers to work! :-). Thank you. 

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

Hello there @RB500!  Thanks so much for taking the time to reach out to Xfinity Support with Digital Care here on our Community Forum.  We are so glad to hear from you and more than happy to assist with your inquiry.  No worries!  You have reached out to the right team, and we are going to get things squared away for you.  So that we can get started, please feel free to shoot us a private message with your full name and address.  That way we can access your account and take a look at options for you.  

To send a "direct message" / "private message" message to Xfinity Support:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message" icon or https://comca.st/3c1E1rm 

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

•  - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

•  - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here