M

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, August 19th, 2024 7:27 PM

xfinity email ID disabled by tier 2 Tech

Beginning in early august, a comcast.net email address that I have had since before 2015 was receiving Xfinity notifications that this address was coming close to Quota, being at 98% of capacity.  I attempted to utilize the Xfinity inbox search box to populate expendable groups that could be safely/efficiently identified and then be deleted or moved.  When, for example, I entered “Medscape” into the search box, only two appeared even though I could see ten emails from Medscape on the screen, and I knew there were a great number more. 

I have a Communications Engineering/Tech Support background (not with Comcast), so I moved through several basic troubleshooting steps (attempted on another desktop, a laptop, and mobile device and the problem persisted across all platforms; the search function was working properly on all my other email addresses, etc.)

So, on August 9th at 8:31 am, I called Customer Security Assurance for assistance.  Over the following two days, they (self-identified as Tiers 1 and 2 support) essentially repeated the steps I’d already taken and then asked that I send screen pictures, which I did.

At that juncture, I asked to talk with a supervisor, and spoke to him about how to proceed to resolve the issue and was told that the advance team was not available for them to consult with or escalate to over the weekend and provided the ticket number to reference.

After ending the call, I went back to the email to begin deleting them one-by-one, but found I could not access it because the password had been disabled and I was not allowed to reset it.  I called right back to a CSA supervisor and was provided an access code to reset, which worked, and we ended the call.

When I next tried to log into that same email, the following message appeared:  “! The Xfinity ID you entered was incorrect. Please try again.” 

Again, before calling, I stepped through normal trouble shooting procedures before calling CSA, again to no success.   

When I reached a Tier 2 support supervisor, she was unable to even find the email in our account and indicated that the necessary internal support contacts are not available to her over the weekend, so another ticket was generated, and I was asked to call back Monday.

I contacted CSA on the 12th starting at 7:03 am, and things went from Teir 2 to 3.  I visited the local Xfinity Corporate store to see if I could connect with a regional supervisor to try to find a solution but was told they only have the same number I’ve been using to contact email support.  I was told by a Tier 3 Team member that they would be working on the problem and to expect a call within 3-5 days.  I provided the number I should be contacted at, and we ended the call.

On Thursday, I noticed several messages from Xfinity on one of our other phones.  I called them back and was told they called the other number because the agent had written my callback number incorrectly.  The agent informed me that they couldn’t retrieve the address and inbox because it had been out of circulation for so long.  I responded that that address was that I've had for 10 years, the one on my business cards, the one I use with all my Pierce County work (about 30 a day for that alone), etc.  That is why the quota was reached.  He responded, “well, I’m not going to argue that point, but there is no way to get that back, and since Xfinity is essentially going away from email service, and we cannot create a new email ID even for existing customers.  Being curious from the technician’s point of view, I inquired how such a disaster could be accomplished, he indicated that a control button exists for Tech that can wipe the account ID and contents so when a customer needs to have that done, then Tech can assist.

Since then, I’ve had 3 calls from Comcast asking if my problems were addressed, no, they asked why, I gave them a brief account of the events, they said that they would look into it.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

22 days ago

MinistryPsychology This is not at all the experience we want any customer to have and apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you. Our email and online account security are all handled by our CSA team I know you have already been in contact with thisregardingg this issue if you are still in need of assistance let us know. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Yes, I still need a resolution to this very serious problem.  Many of my apps are linked to this address and I have been locked out; I have since missed county Gov. meetings, many of our advertisements have that address for my main contact.  This is not simply an inconvenience, this can have very serious consequences for mental health clients who can no longer reach me. 

I thought that since we were paying premium professional prices for the Xfinity service, we would receive professionalism when dealing with our communication needs/support.  Is there a way to escalate this beyond CSA?  Is CSA a contracted non-Corporate Xfinity (affiliated) entity?    

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused @MinistryPsychology. Your satisfaction is our top priority. To address this matter promptly further you are going to need to remain in contact with our Customer Security Assurance (CSA) team. They are Comcast employees and can assist you with any concerns related to your issue.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here