gcto1's profile

Contributor

• 

57 Messages

Saturday, July 10th, 2021 12:23 AM

Closed

Xfi router Ethernet issues with Outlook 365 and hotmail

For about 2 weeks, I'm having issues with Outlook 365 and hotmail via ethernet. My Outlook connects to my comcast email and a hotmail account. When starting outlook, comcast email slowly comes in but Hotmail shows "This folder was last updated at.... Trying to connect.   Waiting for about 4 to 5 minutes, all of a sudden hotmail comes in and works. Closing outlook and starting it again (or waking PC up from sleep) brings up the same problem. 

Same problem on a different PC only using Outlook 365 and hotmail accounts.   But...a laptop, connecting via wifi setup with the comcast email/hotmail email setup works fine. 

So I just turned off ethernet and connected via wifi. All works as intended.  Can't be the ethernet card in the desktop because second desktop, different brand, different card has the same issue.  Could there be something wrong with the router ? 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Contributor

• 

57 Messages

3 years ago

Running outlook 365 to download my comcast email and a hotmail account. For about 2 weeks, each time I start Outlook 365, comcast email has hiccups (not always) and Hotmail can't sync. Getting messages as " This Folder was last updated  (insert last time outlook was open). Trying to connect". Nothing happens for about 5 min...then all of a sudden, it works. Reinstalled office...no change, setup accounts again...no change. Everything is configured correction. Second computer (diff brand) has same problems with hotmail or other exchange based services. Both machines are connected to Xfi Router via cable. A laptop with the same email configuration as Desktop one has no problems connecting via Wifi. 

So I turn off ethernet on desktop and connect via wifi. All works as before. Ethernet back on...nada. 

Then I try to turn of xfi Advanced security and ....all works as it should, both via cable and wifi. On all machines. Turning xfi advanced security back on.... problems return. 

What broke ? 

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Xfi Advanced Security prevents Outlook 365 from connecting

Contributor

• 

57 Messages

3 years ago

xfi advance security also has issues with their own comcast emails and Hotmail. When starting Outlook 365, comcast email takes a long time to come in, hotmail can't connect (error messages, trying to connect) for about 5 min, then it starts to sync with exchange server. Turning off advanced security fixes it, but that's not what should happen. Why have xfi Advanced security if you have to turn it off. 

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled xfi Advanced Security prevents email downloads

Official Employee

• 

553 Messages

3 years ago

Hello @gcto1, thanks for reaching out for help on our forums! You've reached the right team to help and we can certainly assist with this email concern.

In order to get started can you please send me a private message to Xfinity Support with your full name and full address by clicking the chat icon in the top right?

Contributor

• 

57 Messages

3 years ago

Not sure I understand correctly. Used the chat function to clarify. Pls confirm and we can continue

New Problem Solver

• 

318 Messages

I apologize for any confusion we would need you to enter a peer to peer chat with us so we can best assist with this concern today. I will list the steps below on how to enter a peer to peer chat with us on the forums.

Here are the detailed steps to direct message us: 
• Click "Sign In" if necessary 
• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon (upper right corner of this page) 
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon 
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list 
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window 
• Press Enter to send your message

I no longer work for Comcast.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here