userl2654's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Friday, August 18th, 2023 7:31 PM

Closed

where is the auto reply turn off option

How do I stop the auto-reply on my email?  I set it up while on vacation but can't frun it off.

Accepted Solution

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

1 year ago

... auto reply option within email settings and there is no box to uncheck. ... I get an error stating I must disable auto reply or enter a message.

When you get that message, try clicking the "Reply automatically to incoming email" text line just once. It appears that the "checkbox" link includes not only the (missing) box, but the adjacent text as well. Compare the behavior of the "Auto Reply" item to the "Auto Forward" item below it, where selecting anywhere on the "Enable email forwarding" line toggles that checkbox on and off.

@XfinityEmilyB wrote: "... Please clear the cache and cookies in your browser ..."

Won't hurt anything, but likely won't help either. The checkbox just isn't there in 3 different browsers (see image posted previously).

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

(edited)

3 Messages

@BruceW​   Thank you.  That seems to have worked.  I deleted the text in my auto reply message box, then clicked the "reply automatically to incoming email" text line.  Logged out and logged back in and it is gone.

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

I'm so glad it seems to be working fine now, @user_6872b8 and thank you so much @BruceW for lending your expertise! 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

1 year ago

Hi @userl2654 This is a great question. I have a click from our Help and support site which goes over how to personalize your settings https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/xfinity-connect-advanced-features-new-experience. Let try the same steps to turn it on except unchecking the box for autoreply and clicking save. Let us know if you run into any issues. 

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

@XfinityKei​ 

There is no "Check Box"  -  there is a dropdown under "Mail" to click on Auto Reply whiich provides the space to creat the message.  I find no way to stop the Auto Reply feature.  HELP!

Official Employee

• 

859 Messages

@userl2654 Which web browser are you currently using for your email? 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

3 Messages

1 year ago

I am having the same issue.  There is no box to uncheck.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Thanks for leaving a comment with your shared concerns, @user_6872b8! I'm sorry to hear of the difficulty you're having with turning off the Auto Reply feature, and I am here to help however I can :) To clarify, you do see the Auto Reply option under Mail within Email Settings, right? And there's nothing at all to click? Can you select the reply you originally provided and simply delete it? Bear with us while we try to think of things to try.

3 Messages

yes, I can see the auto reply option within email settings and there is no box to uncheck.  I have used it often, so I am familiar with how to turn it on and off, it is just that the box to uncheck is gone.   I have tried to delete the message and I get an error stating I must disable auto reply or enter a message.

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Thanks for keeping us posted, @user_6872b8! Please clear the cache and cookies in your browser and let me know if you're still noticing the same issue. 

1 Message

I have tried all the recommended steps as well. I still cannot disable auto reply! It is more than an inconvenience, it's an urgent issue!

Official Employee

• 

955 Messages

Hello @user_e06d33. Please delete the text in the auto reply message box, then click the "reply automatically to incoming email" text line. Log out and logged back in

Expert

• 

106K Messages

1 year ago

Moved here to E-mail.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

1 year ago

@XfinitySara wrote: "... And there's nothing at all to click? ..."

Correct. There is no checkbox. This is in webmail version 7.10.6-9-0, tested Firefox, Chrome, and Edge.

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

(edited)

New Poster

• 

8 Messages

1 year ago

I am `having the same problem. Chrome browser. I have used Auto Reply often and this is the first instance of this problem. Suggested remedies have not worked. PLEASE help.

1 Message

1 year ago

I am also unable to turn off the "Auto Reply" option. There is no box available to check on or off. I have cleared my cache, history, and cookies. This has not helped as it was suggested. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Hey @user_77d2ba. Have you tried BruceW suggestion he posted above about removing the text from the auto replay message?

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

1 year ago

I have tried Chrome and Bing - no difference.  The box to check for Auto Reply has disappeared.

Official Employee

• 

955 Messages

Hello @user_8c5b24. Please delete the text in the auto reply message box, then click the "reply automatically to incoming email" text line.  Log out and log back in.

Expert

• 

30.9K Messages

1 year ago

Maybe we can get @XfinityAlex or @XfinityDaveL to check into what happened with the check mark box.

Official Employee

• 

867 Messages

@Again​ Apologies, was on PTO.  I believe this is now resolved.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here