psfeneide's profile

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

Thursday, June 20th, 2024 6:23 PM

Unable to access email

I am getting the following message on one of my secondary email accounts, "The entered credential or authentication information does not work or are no longer accepted by provider. Please change them."  I have other accounts, which appear to be set up exactly the same, that are working fine.  Please help.  Thank you

Accepted Solution

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

4 months ago

I was able to reset the password to my secondary account online. Then changed my Outlook and mobile device password to match. That worked for me and all is working once again. Thank you!

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

psfeneide, Thank you for letting us know what worked. I'm so glad you were able to get it taken care of. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

4 months ago

Hello @psfeneide I'm sorry to hear you're having an issue with your credentials. I would go with the recommendation and update your password. I have a link you can use to reset your password http://www.xfinity.com/password. 

From there I suggest updating any saved password you may have.

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

@XfinityKei  I have reset my password and still get the same message.  Please also note that I cannot access this account from the Xfinity Email website either.  So, changing password has not helped.  Other accounts working fine.  Also, I have tried to reset the password for this account, but it will not save in the Xfinity Email website.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

@psfeneide This is very interesting that the password does not save for you. Are you getting any errors? I have a link https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/changing-or-resetting-your-password that goes into some password tips such as your password must be between eight and 128 characters long. Password must include at least one number and a special character. Finally your password can't contain your name or username.

Which website are you using? Are you using xfinity.com  or a saved weblink link?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

@XfinityKei I have 2 other email accounts that are working fine with the same password and access route, i.e. Outlook and xfinity.com.  Xfinity is not recognizing this one account.  I've had this email account for many years and have made no recent changes.  Yesterday it stopped working and I cannot access it, though my other 2 email through Xfinity are fine.  These are accounts @comcast.net   I've spent hours troubleshooting with no resolution.  I think it would be nice to have a phone call from someone who can help me.  i used the xfinity assistant, but was not helpful and I could not get a live agent.  

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

@psfeneide I would recommend reaching out to our Customer security Team for further assistance with the email address you are having issues with. They can be reached at  1-888-565-4329/ 8:00am - 12:00am EST, 7 days a week. The customer security team would have access to see what is going on with the address and the tools to assist in a deeper dive toward a resolution. 

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

@XfinityJanelle​  Thank you.  I will reach out to them now.  

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here