A

Saturday, October 12th, 2024 2:11 AM

Unable to access comcast.net email account that I need to set up my internet

I am unable to access my Comcast.net email account. I will need to access this email account to set up a new Xfinity account and internet at my new house, but I can't access the email. During the process of creating an Xfinity account, they generated an email for me automatically. Since I did not create the account I click the purple account icon, then scroll down to "check email", and that button takes me to a tech support page that instructs me to click the purple account icon and click "check email" which takes me back to the same tech support account - it gets stuck in a loop. I called customer support and the person who helped me simply stated over and over "I've given you all the information I have, I can't help you with this" when I asked her about this issue. The customer service rep confirmed that I will have to access this comcast.net account in order to set up the new account (set my preferred email as another email and to set up my password, i.e. I literally cannot set up this new account without getting access to the comcast.net account). I checked the forum and it seems that many other people are having this problem. Xfinity's assistant instructs us to send a "peer to peer" private message, but does not provide instructions on how to send this type of message. It says "click login if necessary, then click the peer to peer chat icon" but I can't find this icon everywhere and have searched up and down for it. Please give a direct answer in this forum. 

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

9 days ago

Thank you so much for taking the time to reach out to Xfinity Support @ale_beatriz.  We are so glad to hear from you and want to help in any way that we can to ensure that you are having the best experience.  So that we can get started, can you please take the time to send us a private message with your details?  That way we can take a look at what is going on and get to work on this for you. 

To send a "direct message" / "private message" message to Xfinity Support:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message" icon or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging 

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

• As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

• An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here