U

3 Messages

Wednesday, June 19th, 2024 7:31 PM

The entered credential or authentication information does not work or are no longer accepted by provider. Please change them.

As of two days ago my secondary email account is no longer accessible, even through the xfinity.com site.  Clicking on the gear icon, "email settings" and then "Accounts", I see the secondary account has the message "The entered credential or authentication information does not work or are no longer accepted by provider. Please change them."  I have clicked on the "edit" link for the secondary account and changed its password but after doing so I still get the same message.  For what it's worth, I have also clicked on the "edit" link for the primary account where I only see three lines: "Account name", "Your Name" and "Email address".

Accepted Solution

4 Messages

3 months ago

Hey all - I called the CSA at 888-565-4329 and she had me sign in to my secondary account on-line.  It had me reset my password and then I was able to access my secondary account on-line.  Updated the PW on Outlook on my computer and am back to normal again.  Not sure if she had to do anything on her end though, but try logging into your secondary email on-line. Hope this helps.  

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

@user_aemwi6​  Yes. That worked for me!  

Frequent Visitor

• 

14 Messages

@user_aemwi6​ Yes, this worked for me as well.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

chestnut212 Greetings! Thanks for using our Forums to contact us and let us know you are also impacted. If you are still having issues, please let us know! 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Thank you so much for the update and we are sorry for the trouble

user_aemwi6. Our team is here to assist you and we appreciate you using our Forums.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

3 Messages

3 months ago

I have the same issue. Waiting for response too.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Are you able to access your Xfinity emails using Xfinity ConnectGrayce2018? Have you updated your passwords within the email clients you're using?

2 Messages

3 months ago

I got the same error message and did the same as you but it didn't fix the problem.

Expert

• 

30.9K Messages

3 months ago

@user_xaps4f @user_72ym0y @Grayce2018 

Are you getting emails on those accounts or no?

2 Messages

@Again​ I was getting email as of yesterday but when I went to check today I got the error message. I have 4 other email accts and they all work fine and the one not working is set up exactly the same as the rest.

(edited)

3 Messages

I have not gotten any emails. I've even tested it.

1 Message

3 months ago

Same issue here with my secondary account which is my business email. I have no way to access the account and 3 hours in "customer service [Edited: "Language"]" has been pointless. 

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

@user_fxbodr I am sorry to hear about your access. Have you reached out to our CSA team? You can contact them by calling CSA Toll-Free Number: 1-888-565-4329.

3 Messages

3 months ago

@Again I still cannot access my secondary email account.  Thanks for asking...

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

3 months ago

Having the same issue.  

1 Message

3 months ago

Same issue.  Tried everything.  Cannot access my comcast email via any method.  Xfinity tells me it can't find my account.  This started yesterday.

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

My issue started yesterday as well.  I've spent hours troubleshooting to no avail.  

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

user_odisd1 Thanks for posting on our community forums. Is this email linked to an old/closed account? When was the last time you were able to access it? 

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

3 months ago

Same issue here with a secondary account.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hi there, @davepatsy Thank you so much for reaching out to us regarding not being able to access your secondary account. Is this a closed account? How long has it been since you last accessed the account? Are you getting any type of error messages?-Richard

Frequent Visitor

• 

14 Messages

3 months ago

I am having the same issue on a secondary email account. Please help!

Expert

• 

30.9K Messages

3 months ago

Customer Security Assurance may be able to get your email accounts back.  However, I am going to remind you that if you are using a 3rd party application like Outlook or Thunderbird, you need to log in at least every 9 months to keep your email alive.

Customer Security Assurance
Business Hours: 8:00am - 12:00am EST, 7 days a week  

@user_fxbodr 

You shouldn't use residential email for your business mail, and this is a good reason why.  Check out Google Workspace; they have a low cost alternative with a ton of accessories and good tech help should you need it.  It's good for small businesses.  😉

(edited)

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Don’t understand you stating “remind”! I’ve never been made aware of a nine (9) month rule. 

4 Messages

3 months ago

I am having the same issue on my secondary email.  Is this something that is intentional (e.g. comcast made a change) or is there an issue that will be corrected?

Official Employee

• 

788 Messages

3 months ago

user_72ym0y Can you please send us a DM. You can start by clicking the chat icon located in the top right corner of your forums' page when signed in. Once there, you can direct your messages to "Xfinity Support." Please add your full name and service address to help us locate your account. Let me know if you have any questions. 

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

@XfinityBrianH​ I have already done this and my issue was resolved yesterday.  

3 Messages

3 months ago

Thank you all for your suggestions.  For what it's worth, this is a residential account, I do log into the Xfinity account regularly, I cannot access the secondary email account directly through the Xfinity web-site (as well as 3rd party applications).   As @user_fxbodr  and @user_aemwi6 recommended, calling Xfinity support at (888) 565-4329; Although in my case resetting the password was only part of the solution.  Previously, I could log in using my primary email account name and password to see Both my primary and secondary emails.  Now, the secondary email no long shows up when logging in to my primary email.  I must log in using the secondary email and its password to see it.  It took almost 2 hours to get the account up and running (my problems weren't covered in the script) but the service representative was gracious and very patient. RESOLVED

Expert

• 

30.9K Messages

@user_72ym0y​ 

I'm glad that you finally got this resolved!

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

@user_72ym0y, happy to hear this was resolved but sorry to hear that it took a few hours to get this all straightened out. If anything else comes up don't hesitate to message our team, we appreciate your time and working with us through this. Enjoy your weekend!

1 Message

3 months ago

same problem - 4 out of the 5 secondary accounts now have this message, though it began with just one. Impossible to log into any of them, so I can't do that to change the password... AND I am doing this directly within the xfinity website - not using 3rd party. Spent 2 hours on the phone with someone in May, who couldn't resolve the issue. Since then, 3 more of the secondary accounts have become inaccessible.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Please send us a direct message with your full name and service address to get started with further assistance. 

• Make sure you are signed in here in the Xfinity Forum. Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message" icon (square chat icon in the upper right corner of your screen next to the bell icon)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send it

4 Messages

Same problem.  Same routine as shown here.  Nothing works.  This is not a user issue.  This is a systemic issue.  Xfinity did something in the May timeframe that caused this.  It is not a coincidence that so many people have the exact same problem that started in the same timeframe with email accts that have been used without incident for years.  If anybody comes up with something pls post back here.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here