ellent1's profile

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

Monday, September 2nd, 2024 4:12 PM

temporarily blacklisted IP - can't get email on MacBook or Mobile phone

I am having an issue where I am unable to connect to my Comcast email on my MacBook Pro and both my iPhones.  On my MacBook it says Temporarily Blacklisted IP, Try Again Later.  Overnight I got some email but it is happening again today.  It happens when connected to my home WiFi but not if I use my mobile 5G connection. Then it started on one of my iPhones not even connected to Wifi where it just says Account Error:Comcast is currently unavailable. No error codes are displayed.

I tried reporting the IP address and got a response from Xfinity that they don't show the IP as blacklisted.  I am at a loss what to do now.

1 Message

16 days ago

I had the same problem yesterday. Then it started working. Now, it is not working on my iPhone, but it is working on my computer. Clearly, there is an issue right now, but Comcast is not communicating with us or even their employees.  I would give it a day or so. Also, you can check your email on the Xfinity website.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

user_gk9n77, Let us know if you are still having issues with your email. We want to help. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

15 days ago

ellent1, Hi! Thanks for taking the time out of your day to reach out. As someone who relies on my emails to work on my Apple devices, I can understand the inconvenience that this has caused and with being at a loss on what to do next. I am sorry to learn about this experience with not being able to connect to your Comcast email on your MacBook Pro and iPhone. You've come to the right place. You've knocked on the right door in virtual land. We can help. When you reported the IP address did you report it at this link? Have you tried resetting the modem or leaving the power off for a while as we provide a dynamic IP address that changes? If so, what error code or error message are you getting? Ip addresses that are blocked would be listed with an error #BL000000. To help make things easier, here is a really useful link for troubleshooting Comcast email error code messages. 

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

14 days ago

Hi @ellent1 Just checking in to see if there been any changes with your IP concerns. 

Our apologies for missing that link for troubleshooting email error codes. https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/email-errors

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

@XfinityKei​ Thank you.  I was able to contact the Security team and they resolved the issue.  I am not sure how but about 2 hours later it was fixed.

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

This is great news @ellent1 Thanks so much for the update!

Glad to know our security team was able to get things resolved. 

Did you have any additional questions for us today?

Would you like to take a look at promotions? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here