737Rob's profile

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Wed, Sep 7, 2022 7:59 PM

Temporarily blacklisted IP Address - for many months while on home wifi

I have been having the issue "Temporarily blacklisted IP Address" for Many months. We moved to Arizona and no longer have an active Xfinity account (due to not available in our area) but still kept our email access. Sometimes we are able to receive email but most days does not. Our email works fine as long as I am not connected to our home wifi. I am always able to send emails but not receive while on home wifi. 

Using Apple email program on MacBook and iPhones. Issue is only when connected to home Wifi.

Home has Century link with modem plus also has Google Mesh Wifi.

I was wondering if there was something that I could do to fix this issue? 

Thank you

Rob

Official Employee

• 

479 Messages

3 months ago

Hello @737Rob! Thank you for reaching out on our community forum. I hate to hear you're experiencing trouble receiving your emails at times. Since the issue is only present when connected to your in home wifi, we'd recommend contacting your service provider for troubleshooting. 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

3 months ago

I have contacted my provider and they are thinking its Xfinity. 

FYI - The Apple email does work when retrieving emails from GMAIL but does not from Comcast (Xfinity) which makes me feel its COMCAST issue.

This is what I get when trying to retrieve COMCAST.NET emails. We have 3 separate Comcast.net emails with the same issue. 

XfinityAnna

Official Employee

• 

788 Messages

Thank you for the additional information and pictures @737Rob. For this concern I am going to direct you to reach out to our Customer Security Assurance Team (CSA). These security professionals handle issues like phishing, spam, infected computers (often called bots), online fraud and other security issues. To reach them please call 1-888-564-4329. They would be happy to help with your concerns. If you run into any troubles reaching them, our team will be on standby. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

116 Messages

@737Rob​ 

Please let me know what your broadband IP is, via a direct message.    You can use http://whatismyip.com to determine the IP.

To send a "Direct" message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon near the top of the page

• Type "XfinityDaveL" in the "To:" line and select "XfinityDaveL"" from the drop-down list which appears.

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Official Employee

• 

116 Messages

@737Rob​ I've replied to your direct message with some helpful information.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Thank you, It was another device on the wifi with a password issue that kept trying to login but with incorrect information. thank you very much!

Rob

Official Employee

• 

220 Messages

I'm glad to hear the issue was resolved. Thank you for the update. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here