U

Sunday, June 23rd, 2024 11:15 PM

Spam Emails

I am so frustrated with Comcast.  I am getting tons of spam emails daily (12+). The To: email address is not even mine but rather some random Comcast group email address.  Moving the messages to Junk does not good because they keep coming.   I spoke with someone in support and the problem has only gotten worse since then.  
Here’s just a few of the email addresses.  

[Edited: "Personal Information"]

it Is obvious that these email addresses are bogus.  Comcast, please help to stop the spam emails!!!!

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

3 months ago

Good afternoon and happy Sunday @user_gy123z, we appreciate you reaching out on our Community Forums with your spam email concerns and want to assure you that we want to get you to the right place to help make these emails stop. You can report scam and phishing emails to our expert Customer Security Assurance team here https://internetsecurity.xfinity.com/help/report-abuse by following the instructions under the "Report Spam Emails" section. 

I hope this information helps!

1 Message

https://internetsecurity.xfinity.com/help/report-abuse

Does not work.  I get a bad request page.

Official Employee

• 

1.9K Messages

Hello, @user_kcdubo

try this live link https://internet-security-site-web.ho-g3.cf.comcast.net/help/report-abuse to get to our CSA page. You may need to clear your cache and cookies to resolve the bad request page. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

No, the link you supplied does not work.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

@pookngoob Are you able to use this link Report Abuse to report the emails? 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

1 Message

3 months ago

exact same thing is happening to me- hope there is a solution besides abandoning  the account...

Regular Visitor

• 

9 Messages

25 days ago

i am also getting lots of spam... i mark as spam and still get the same everyday.. sometimes its 20+.. comcast needs to get better filters!!!  this is so annnoying......   where is the report spam email found?   

2 Messages

25 days ago

I continue to get upwards of 20+ emails a day.  It’s such an inconvenience to block the sender and send to junk and nothing stops them.  I’m now forwarding to abuse@comcast.net in hopes that it grabs someone’s attention.  Comcast needs to do better!!!

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

user_gy123z - Thank you for your feedback, and for sending those emails over for our team to review. We very much appricate the opportunity to help in every way we can. 

Regular Visitor

• 

9 Messages

25 days ago

they really need to improve their filters or what ever.. i am sick of opening my emails and getting spam..

1 Message

12 days ago

I'm having the same issues. Out of nowhere, 30-40 spam emails a day. This didn't used to be a problem. Comcast has done something, or stopped doing something, that is allowing these emails through. You can't block the sender because they come from different email addresses. Hate to switch email addresses but this is ridiculous.

Official Employee

• 

763 Messages

user_83fm7s Hello, I hope you are having a wonderful day. I am very sorry you are receiving a lot of spam emails. I personally hate them. I went ahead and used the proper filter to block them. Here is a link that provides information on how to set the filters to prevent spam on your email https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/spam-filters-and-email-blocking-new-experience. Please let us know if you have questions, the issues persists, or to simply let us and the community know if the filters helped. I hope you find this useful and helps you block spam emails. 

Contributor

• 

219 Messages

[Edited: "Inflammatory"] With "proper" filters in place, I am still receiving tons of spams. Over 800 in the last three weeks, four to five every hour. Many times out of three or four identical spams, one copy will be caught as spam, the reset go to the inbox. Every single one has been reported as spam/phishing, as well as being forwarded to the "missed-spam@" address.Pathetic.

(edited)

1 Message

1 day ago

I’m at the point where the only resolution I can find is to kick Comcast email to the trash bin.   It’s really sad when  a company claims to be the ‘best’ in the business yet they can’t keep our email accounts secure. I’ve received hundreds of emails addressed to USERXXXC@comcast.net I have NO  CLUE who that person is… I’ve blocked unsubscribed and marked as SPAM, but nothing stops the emails!  I’ve actually called and honestly believe the support team calls are being hacked and redirected  to the underhanded culprits that are behind this Comcast email scam.  I’m done wasting hours trying to get this resolved.  

(edited)

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 day ago

I am having the same problem described above. I have forwarded multiple spam emails to abuse@comcast.net and set up many filter rules. Nothing stops the spam going to my Inbox.  It appears that Xfinity is ignoring this problem or has no idea how to fix it. I am very frustrated and angry at Xfinity and their inaction.

Regular Visitor

• 

9 Messages

@drgolf​   yep.. i now have 150 spams in  my trash folder!!  this is just in the last few days.... i also called them and they dont seem to know how to fix this problem!!!   i select them as spam but does no good....  I too am very fustrated and angry.......

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here