flash333's profile

Contributor

• 

81 Messages

Friday, June 16th, 2023 5:30 PM

Closed

Shuttlecloud - importing email contacts

I've tried to use the Shuttlecloud page to import a file of email contacts that I've exported from Thunderbird. The documentation does not specify a file format so I tried csv and  vcf and neither one did anything. How can I import a contacts file to my Xfinity email address book?

Accepted Solution

Contributor

• 

81 Messages

1 year ago

I didn't want to clear the cookies so I tried Edge instead of Firefox and it worked on Edge browser.

Problem Solver

• 

322 Messages

Alright, you can also try clearing your cache and cookies on the previous web browser if you choose to.

I no longer work for Comcast.

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

1 year ago

Hi @flash333. Please use Import.xfinity.com to Migrate Emails and Contacts to Comcast Email Account.

Contributor

• 

81 Messages

1 year ago

That's exactly what I did originally. Nothing happened.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

@flash333 Thank you for letting us know that you tried the easy change / shuttlecloud process already. Did you receive an error code or message when completing the process? Or did it seem to process as intended, but nothing was moved over? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

81 Messages

1 year ago

Process as intended but nothing was moved over. One key problem is that nowhere in the article on how to use that capability is the file format defined.

Problem Solver

• 

502 Messages

Can you please clear the cache and cookies from your web browser and try again?

Contributor

• 

81 Messages

1 year ago

Actually upon closer inspection not all of the contacts were actually imported. It seems to be how the csv file is constructed. The contacts with an entry in the First Name column are added, if that is blank the contact is not added.

[Image Removed: "Personal Information"]

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

2K Messages

It seems you may need to add the first names in order for them to be imported. Are you able to do that? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

81 Messages

1 year ago

Yes I will add the first names. I do think this tool could use an update where it can work when the first name is omitted.

Problem Solver

• 

908 Messages

Thank you for this feedback. We will make sure to pass it along! @flash333

Expert

• 

30.9K Messages

1 year ago

@flash333 

Your post with the image was marked private because it contains personal identifying information.  We can either leave it private or you can remove it now that it's been addressed.

Contributor

• 

81 Messages

1 year ago

Now that I have actually tried to send email I find that the import is basically useless. All of the import data is put in the comments field, rather than the specific fields for email 1, address,  etc. For the export to file to be useful it is mandatory that you publish the format of the .csv file.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here