U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, December 5th, 2021 12:22 AM

Closed

Sent emails have disappeared

Sent email prior to 11-24-21 has disappeared.  It's not in trash or recoverable trash or in any other folder and I have looked on 3 devices.  What has happened and can I get my email back?

Problem Solver

• 

954 Messages

3 years ago

Hello and thanks for reaching out @user_89d51b. I am sad to hear that the emails sent prior to November 24 have disappeared. I would love to look into this and see about recovering them. Let's get your account pulled up and start getting this taken care of. Please send me a direct message with your first and last name, along with your complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.   

Here are detailed steps to direct message us:  

• Click "Sign In" if necessary 
  • Click the direct message icon
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon 
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list 
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window 
  • Press Enter to send your message 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I have the same problem. All my sent items prior to 12/28/2021 are gone. Tried to recover them as another article mentioned and I can only recover up to 10/28/2021. Anything before is gone. 

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

Hi there @mariofer!  Thank you so much for taking the time to reach out to Xfinity here on our Community Forum to voice your concerns.  We are so glad to hear from you and want to get this taken care of in any way that we can.  No worries!  You have reached out to the right team, and we are going to get things squared away.  Please feel free to shoot us a private message with your full name and service address so that we can take a look and get started.  

To send a "direct message" / "private message" message to Xfinity Support:

• Click the "Direct Message" icon or https://comca.st/3q7lCO7 

• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

•  - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

•  - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Hi,

I have the same problem. All my sent items prior to 10/11/2021 are gone. Tried to recover them as another article mentioned and I can only recover up to 10/11/2021. Anything before is gone. Can someone please help?

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Hello, @user_f41990, I will be happy to do all I can to help with this email issue. Are you able to give us more details? What type of Email account are you using? Are you using a third-party mail client such as Microsoft Outlook? 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Hi-- A similar problem with my Xfinity emails started last week--after I deleted A

Lot of old mail. Tried Rebuild, but it didn't work. I have a Comcast/Xfinity e-mail on a MacAir M1. Sent emails disappeared starting 3/14, though a couple from today did show up. Others moving to different mailboxes--Comcast Inbox goes to Junk starting 3/12. I think Drafts are ok. I've looked up ways to fix this, but I'm not that computer-savvy and I'd like to have an Official Xfinity Employee help. Could a phone call be arranged? Thanks

Problem Solver

• 

513 Messages

Hi there, @cfreeman88. Thank you for posting a comment in our forums. We will be more than happy to look into what issues you are having. Have you tried accessing the email through our Xfinity website by using the following link https://comca.st/3thZ7I7 and choosing the connect or email icon on the top right corner of the screen to verify if the emails are still there? It may be that the email client that you are using may be deleting your emails and not restoring them and they may still be available through the website. 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Hi Edgardo—

Thanks for your response. I though I sent a reply back but I guess I didn’t. I looked on my email account on Exfinity website but it looks about the same. A lot of emails are there but a lot more are not.

What do you mean by “an email client may be deleting and not restoring them so they may still be available on the website”?

I found an article about emails moving to different folders. Looks like good info but I’m hesitant to try any suggestions on my own.

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

Great question, @cfreeman88! Thanks for confirming that you were able to look at the XFINITY website to see if alot of the emails are there with alot more that are not there. When we state an email client, we are meanign a third party email service like outlook, gmail, apple mail etc. When checking the XFINTIY website, are you seeing emails that are not showing in apple mail? Are you missing emails to your XFINITY email or personal email address?

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

I'm having the same problem. Today (3/17/22) I logged into Microsoft Outlook on my laptop and the past 30 days of emails are missing. They are missing from the Xfinity web site as well. I have Outlook set up so that it acts independently of the Xfinity site -- so a deletion on Outlook should not trigger similar deletions on the web site. I have searched through Trash and Junk on both systems with no luck. The emails seem to have completely disappeared with no action on my part that I can identify.

I have sent a Direct Message about this as instructed in the first post above. Thank you.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@user_f19092​ I was told by Comcast/Xfinity that sometimes when they update software this happens.  They were able to recover some of my more recent missing inbox emails but not all.

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

@user_89d51b​  Thanks so much for letting me know this. So far, no luck in getting my emails back.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I have just had this same issue. The entire contents of my Comcast Sent email folder have disappeared. I need to recover these.

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

Hello @ChristineAH!  Thanks so much for taking the time to reach out to Xfinity Support with Digital Care here on our Community Forum to voice your concerns with your email account.  We are so glad to help and want to make sure that we are always providing you with the best experience with your service.  No worries!  We are a team of experts who want to make sure we get this taken care of for you.  Please feel free to shoot us a private message with your full name and complete service address so that we can get started.    

To send a "direct message" / "private message" message to Xfinity Support:

• Click the "Direct Message" icon or https://comca.st/3uDHUJS 

• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

•  - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

•  - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Press Enter to send it

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here