janswers's profile

Visitor

• 

21 Messages

Friday, May 31st, 2024 6:11 PM

Secondary Email Account Gone

Quick recap: Former Comcast customer. Kept 3 comcast.net address's and accessed them on Xfinity web app. All 3 address's were active on a daily basis. My 2 secondary email accounts quit working 4 days ago. "Incorrect settings or authentication....please change them." Oh, OK, sounds easy.

3 hours in a support chat. No fix. Just got off 2 hour phone call with the experted CSA experts. No fix. Apparently, one of my extremely important to my well being, email accounts is not associated with any of the physical addresses I've lived in the past 35 years. My primary and the other secondary have correct associated physical addresses. This makes zero sense. The CSA checked 4 past addresses I've lived at the past 35 years. I had to 'street view' google maps to track down a long forgotten street address.

CSA guy's hands are tied, 'cannot verify without physical address.' Not his fault. At this point I only request my case situation be passed up to [Edited: "Language"]. 25+ years of sign ups and website associations with this address are gone. Here's a kicker, the address includes my name! Hardly a tragedy but immensely painful.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

4 months ago

Thank you for your feedback and update, @janswers. I understand emails are important, and I'm sorry to read our CSA team members were unable to verify without the address. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

4 months ago

Similar situation - Former Comcast customer - My actively used secondary email account quit working last night (6/5/24).  My managed account is still active.  The primary account is still active.  The secondary user no longer appears in the Security/ID list.  I'm trying to determine if this is temporary, permanent or whether I've been hacked.  The Chat's are no help.  Any help?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Same situation: I updated my primary account password yesterday, did not touch anything else, and one of my secondary accounts dropped all my current emails. It's working, emails are coming in now, but all the ones I had disappeared and I can't figure out how to get them back. I can access the ones in the trash, which is not helpful, I threw them out because I don't want them. I want the ones that were in my inbox. My other two secondary accounts work just fine.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Hello! Thank you for reaching out. We see that you sent us a Direct Message, in the future please wait for us to engage with your post first, and then we will invite you to send a DM to continue investigating the issue. We certainly don't want you to violate any of our guidelines by sending an Unsolicited DM to an Official Xfinity Employee.

We will reply to your DM shortly.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

4 months ago

I'm in the same boat.  One of my 2 secondary email addresses stopped working.  The other one still working solar is my wife's and I fear losing that one too.  Also a 30+ year customer though not currently.  "Account and Identity" page only shows my primary email address so I have no access to secondary ones.

4 Messages

3 months ago

I too am in the same boat.  Hello, Comcast - please tell us what is happening

4 Messages

3 months ago

Hey all - I called the CSA at 888-565-4329 and she had me sign in to my secondary account on-line.  It had me reset my password and then I was able to access my secondary account on-line.  Updated the PW on Outlook on my computer and am back to normal again.  Not sure if she had to do anything on her end though, but try logging into your secondary email on-line. Hope this helps.  

1 Message

tried that and says need to go through primary.  What a mess.  

Expert

• 

30.9K Messages

@user_qtzi6d​ 

To find your Primary user ID, use the Lookup Tool: https://idm.xfinity.com/myaccount/lookup

Just enter the requested information and you will see a listing of all the user ID's on your account, one of which will be the Primary ID.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

Official Employee

• 

922 Messages

Hello, @user_qtzi6d! Were you able to log in to the primary ID and get this done? 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.

1 Message

2 months ago

I am having the same issue. Logged into my primary account, but no secondary emails listed and there should be two of them!!

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

user_2v49mg, Thank you for reaching out to Xfinity Support. To find your Primary user ID try using this lookup tool: https://idm.xfinity.com/myaccount/lookup

If you are still having trouble here is our Customer Security Assurance Team contact link: 

https://internetsecurity.xfinity.com/help/report-abuse/

1 Message

2 months ago

Mine are also gone, went to comcast email website only my primary is there.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

user_5cvt6p I would suggest reaching out to our CSA team for assistance. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here