U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, January 13th, 2022 3:06 AM

Closed

Scam Email from Xfinity

I'm a new internet customer to Xfinity and have received an email twice saying since I've upgraded my plan, my equipment (which I bought and was compatible with Xfinity) was no longer optimized to my upgraded plan and that I needed to update my equipment. I have two issues with this: 1) Since I'm a new customer and bought the recommended equipment, I don't believe that it is obsolete, and 2) I never upgraded my plan so the email is predicated on a lie. I'd like to know why Xfinity / Comcast thinks this unethical approach to sales is OK and what wanker thought that this nonsensical lie would fool anyone? Here's the text of the email:

Your current device can't keep up with the latest speeds

You recently upgraded your Xfinity Internet speed, and as a result, your Internet equipment can't keep up with the latest speeds available to you.  It's time to update your Internet equipment so you can enjoy the faster speeds you deserve. With faster download speeds, you will have a better experience as you work, learn, and stream from home.

To get the most out of your Internet, you will need to replace your current device with a compatible device that supports the speed available to you from your current Internet plan. Visit  My Device Info to find compatible devices you can purchase.

Please note that if you do not swap your Internet equipment, you will not be taking full advantage of the download speeds your Internet plan offers.

Once you receive your new device, be sure to activate your device as soon as possible so you can enjoy the faster speeds available to you.

Thank you for being an Xfinity customer.
In case anyone or everyone at Xfinity / Comcast doesn't know how to spell it, it is E T H I C A L.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

3 years ago

Hey there, @user_0b908e, thanks for reaching out through Xfinity Forums We truly appreciate you being a new customer and joining the Xfinity family! I apologize for this confusing email you received and I would like to take a look at your specific account for more details. You have reached the right place to get to the bottom of this!

Please send us a private message with your name and service address to "Xfinity Support" by clicking on the chat icon at the top right of the page. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here