S

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

Sunday, February 25th, 2024 8:28 PM

Closed

Reprise: Unblock Port 25

@XfinityCSAEmail and some others helped me back in June 2023 to get port 25 unblocked for my account.  My router MAC (and therefore my IP) have been changed and the block is back.  I was told at the time time that I might have to contact someone in CSA again should there be any equipment changes.

Anyway, I am facing the same challenges as last June.  So far, the first person I spoke to had no clue what I was asking for but after about half an hour did escalate me to Level 2.  The guy I got there was sharp and I think was about to solve the problem for me, but he didn't realize that I was on a VOIP call via the modem he reset mid-call...so I lost him.

So if anyone from Comcast/Xfinity is monitoring, can you please have someone who knows what needs to be done contact me from CSA to get the unblock of port 25 restored to my serivce?

I am hopeful that this forum will be the solution conduit as in the past.

Expert

• 

105.9K Messages

7 months ago

Concern moved here to the E-mail help section for assistance.

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

7 months ago

I will definitely need some help from an insider here...I was switched around 10 different times on a followup call.  4 or so times I was talking to CSA.  One rep even saw the approval from last June and said no problem, I'll transfer you to network.  Network was clueless, telling me it could not be done and transferred me back to CSA.

I kept asking various reps to read the the ticket from last June to see who and how it was resolved, but that did not seem to happen based upon the responses that I received.

Official Employee

• 

530 Messages

@SysLANDan  Thanks for posting. To contact CSA, it needs to be done directly if one of their agents is not monitoring the forum. We can provide general troubleshooting here, but opening ports is not something front line agents would perform or coach on how to do. If something needs to be unblocked from security, contact CSA with their webpage here https://internetsecurity.xfinity.com/help/report-abuse. It has the number to contact, the email, and forms to fill out for all other security concerns. They'll make a case to ensure a resolution asap. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

@XfinityBenny that you for responding.

If you read through my comment above, I've already talked to CSA reps at least 4 different times and have been transferred around and generally had my times wasted.  My last communication was two days ago and I requested a callback from a manager in CSA.  I received a case number, but no callback.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

@SysLANDan - When a certain port is known to cause vulnerability to the security and privacy of your information, Xfinity blocks it to protect you. Port 25 is unsecured, and Botnet spammers can use it to send spam. This does not affect Xfinity Email website usage. We recommend you learn more about configuring your email settings to Comcast email to use port 587.

Blocked Internet Ports List

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Expert

• 

30.8K Messages

7 months ago

@SysLANDan 

Maybe @XfinityAlex or @XfinityDaveL can give you more information about this.

Expert

• 

30.8K Messages

7 months ago

@SysLANDan 

Glad everything worked out for you!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here