D

Thursday, July 25th, 2024 7:48 PM

remove my work email address from my account

I am retiring and my work email is listed on my Xfinity account as my "personal email".  I would like to remove this email address from my account.  My Comcast email is my personal email and that is the only email address I want on my account.  Please help.

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

1 month ago

Hey there, dimahulahaha, thanks for reaching out through Xfinity Forums regarding your account. Congrats on your retirement! You can update the settings with the following steps, https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/update-account-preferences. Let us know if you have any additional questions or need help! 

3 Messages

That didn't work.  I want to eliminate my work address, not change it.  My comcast email address is already set as my preferred address, although I still get emails at my work address.  I just want to delete my work address from my account completely.  Do I have to have a second email address on the account?

Official Employee

• 

792 Messages

Great question, dimahulahaha , you should be able to remove the email from association with your account by accessing the Xfinity profile the email is attached to and editing it. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

3 Messages

That didn't work either.  Unless I'm missing something.  I followed all steps.  It will let me change my work email (which is identified as my personal email in my account), but I can't eliminate it.  I even tried changing it to my comcast email, but then it tells me that email is already active.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

dimahulahaha Our Customer Security Assurance team may be able to help removing the old work email from your profile in total. You can reach them directly at 1 (888) 565-4329. They may need to create a new profile using the email you want, make it primary, and then delete the current profile to remove it completely, but they might have another option to assist you. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here