M

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Monday, June 10th, 2024 6:10 PM

receiving emails fail after required comcast password update authentication rejected - chat support was garbage

I have had my comcast email set up in Outlook for over 15 years. Today it started giving me a popup that it couldn't connect to the server. I logged into comcast and was forced to update my password. I went back into outlook and updated the password there but now it will only send emails, still fails on receiving them. I tried online chat but the support reps (3 of them) were all horrible. Can anyone help?

I was reading this thread where many people are having the same or similar issues:

https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/email/sending-emails-fail-after-required-comcast-password-update-authentication-rejected/65700458f961c6163a30b1eb?page=2

@XfinityAlex

Can anyone help?

1 Message

25 days ago

Having the same problem

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

@user_eoog5r I can understand how frustrating this would be to have issues accessing your email. I see @XfinityTony has provided some troubleshooting steps. Have you already tried those?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

702 Messages

23 days ago

@mattyfed Thank you for your post. The issues we are seeing with email is devices with the old authentication information blocking you from receiving emails. Please, check all devices where you have signed into your email and update the password. We also recommend checking that both send and receive credentials have been updated.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here