U

Tuesday, September 3rd, 2024 9:36 PM

Please unblock port 25

I need help getting port 25 unblocked (just like this post, so if @XfinityAlex who made it happen there is out there, please help me too - note I can't get emails right now). It was blocked a couple of days ago and I stopped getting mail at my server. I have been running a mail server for about 20 years. It is not an open relay and does not in any way facilitate spam. I have called Xfinity Support but (after getting the runaround with a modem reset and 10 minute callback) the first level tech doesn't know what I'm talking about (I did manage to explain it's not about Comcast email nor a firewall nor my modem, which hasn't changed in years either, but is still verified compatible). Other Internet uses/services are fine - I can get to web sites and see incoming HTTP/HTTPS requests to my web server on ports 80/443. I have verified the port 25 block using external sites that check mail servers and by connecting from my phone on cellular (not wifi). Please help!

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

16 days ago

I need help getting port 25 unblocked ...

It seems unlikely for residential service. Please see the discussion in https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/email/66a01c7ed917b4660c29935c, especially the user_ff4e3544 comment that says an email from Comcast stated:

Xfinity no longer supports port 25 for email by our residential internet users. In the past, exceptions were made to unblock this restriction, but as of August 25, 2024, we will no longer allow these exceptions.

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

Official Employee

• 

871 Messages

15 days ago

@user_dbr949 @XfinityCSAEmail would be the party to speak with (or call the Xfinity CSA telelphone number).  However, I believe they are no longer allowing exemptions for Residential accounts. They'll need to confirm that for you.  As another option, a Business account would allow for port 25 to be open in both directions, though I understand if that is not a solution for you.

(edited)

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

14 days ago

@XfinityAlex wrote: "... @XfinityCSAEmail would be the party to speak with ..."

Is @XfinityCSAEmail still available? That ID has not posted anything in these Forums in over a year.

When you Comment on a post (by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...") I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your message.

Official Employee

• 

871 Messages

@BruceW​ I did send a note to the CSA folks separately and ask them to reach out to the customer above.  

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

14 days ago

user_dbr949 Thanks for posting on our Community Forums. I'm sorry to hear about the email issues you have been experiencing. You might want to reach out to our CSA team for further assistance with this. The best way to do this would be to contact our Support team at 1-800-Xfinity and request to be transferred to CSA (Customer Security Assurance). 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here