Catdog999's profile

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

Wednesday, August 14th, 2024 2:05 PM

Outgoing comcast SMTP SERVER NOT WORKING For Apple devices

All devices stopped working one day with same outgoing smtp error. Then I Worked for hours with level 1, support and got my PC working with Outlook 2019. Level 1 tech handed it to level 2 trying to get all apple devices working on the outgoing smtp problem. They (level 2) called and left an almost silent message …whisper….to call the main number at comcast. I have a ticket number but no way to get to level 2 support.  Has anyone solved this issue? Looking at Metronet if all fails.🥲

Expert

• 

106K Messages

1 month ago

Concern moved here to the "E-mail" help section for assistance. 

Official Employee

• 

893 Messages

1 month ago

Hello, Catdog999 thank you for taking the time to post over Xfinity Forums. I completely understand needing access to your email communications on the preferred device, and I do want to ensure this is able to get resolved. 

- Did you receive any further follow-up communication in regard to the Tier 2 ticket? 

I do like to ensure I'm not overlooking anything in regard to the email: 

- Is it only issues on the Apple devices, have you checked the email is still accessible logging into the website? 

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

I received no communication on the Tier 2 ticket. Only the whisper response mentioned before (i.e., to call the main support phone number). To clarify the situation 3 devices stopped sending but could receive comcast email. The devices were a PC with windows 10, iPad Pro current gen, ios 17.5.1, an iPhone 12 ios 17.4.1. No changes to any setting configurations had been made, they all just stopped sending (but could receive email) at the same time. The error received said the password or user name [Edited: "Personal Information"] was incorrect).  Note, this seems incorrect as there was no problem logging in to xfinity or comcast web mail with the same password used in settings. For the last three months I received messages about twice a week that I had to reset my xfinity password. I complied and email worked fine.  Then the current situation occurred.  Email send and receive was reestablished only on the PC. This was achieve by rebooting the PC several times and reentering the settings. Note, the password never changed but was just reentered multiple times. 

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

471 Messages

@Catdog999 we would like to take a closer look at your account. 

Please send us a DM with your full name and address to Xfinity Support.

To send a direct message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Direct Message" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.

As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.

An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

1 month ago

I did as you requested. I sat in direct message limbo with no answer. Seems like a really bad joke!
Also, it seems that the discussion should be public (not DM) as to assist other customers?

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

I see that we responded on our end, can you try again. Our team is looking forward to working with you Catdog999.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here