jeburnett's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

13 Messages

Friday, June 14th, 2024 6:05 PM

Outbound email messages not being sent using SMTP and IMAP - problems became severe on June 13, 2024 and continue!

My Outlook client is reporting this error upon Sending:  Reported error (0x800CCCC0F): 'The connection to the server was interrupted.  If this problem continues, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'

On occasion, I see a different error:  'Reported error (0x800CCC67): 'The server responded: 421 resomta-h2p-555627.sys.comcast.net resomta-h2p-555627.sys.comcast.net Excessive failed authentication, ESMTP server temporarily not available'.

Inbound messages continue to be received from a POP3 server without issues.  In my case, outbound messages have been failing solidly since 4am.

I can log into Xfinity.com and use email from there without problems, so this seems to be an issue with connections made OUTSIDE of the Xfinity network to the SMTP servers.

This is a CHRONIC problem Xfinity!!!!

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

3 months ago

... Excessive failed authentication ...

Please see:

Do those help?

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

Regular Visitor

• 

13 Messages

3 months ago

The problems I'm reporting began yesterday.  Passwords were changed months ago.  An iMac on my network is also reporting issues logging into the Comcast iMAP server.  We can read emails sent to us but cannot send any (different servers for those two purposes).  Seems from other postings, this has been going on for years WITHOUT a resolution or even an acknowledgement.  I've reported this to Xfinity Support using DM and not gotten any kind of reply.  My last successfully sent email was a bit after 3am this morning and none since.  I can log into the Xfinity.com website (using the same credentials), go to email and be able to send directly from there.  

This really sounds like a Comcast infrastructure problem but since they aren't acknowledging this report, they're not fessing up to it.  Strangely, it must not be affecting all their customers...

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

3 months ago

... Passwords were changed months ago ... it must not be affecting all their customers...

It hardly matters when passwords were changed. The problem is a device using your internet connection is repeatedly sending incorrect login information to their mail servers, triggering an "Excessive failed authentication" lockout. It isn't affecting all customers because most are using correct IDs and passwords.

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

Regular Visitor

• 

13 Messages

Well, your speculation is just that and not the reality of the situation.  After about 12 hours of not being able to send messages, the problem cleared ALL BY ITSELF.  I made no changes on my network but the problem went away.  It was CLEARLY an Xfinity infrastructure problem they would not acknowledge.  They never even responded to my support requests!

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

3 months ago

... the problem cleared ALL BY ITSELF ...

As is explained in https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/email/cannot-send-email-0x800ccc0f-connection-to-server-interrupted-or-0x800ccc67-esmtp-server-temporarily-not-available-message/61b28270f06968168603033a?commentId=61c38fb7af4f9801ee5e85dd the "Excessive failed authentication" lockout is automatically cleared every day.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

1 month ago

I am having the same issue on my home computer and Iphone.  However if I log into Comcasts site directly I can send.   I have made no changes on my end and the problem has been going on for over two days.   I talked to Comcast yesterday and they were supposed to have their email department call back but never did.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Thank you for reaching out. Are you still experiencing this issue? If so, are you having the exact error appear, as above in the original post? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here