wdbradley3's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

12 Messages

Friday, January 12th, 2024 9:02 PM

Closed

Possible Solution For Unable To Connect To Email From Apple (Maybe Other) Devices After Changing Comcast Password

Due to the hack, Comcast is requiring all users to change their passwords.  After doing so, many find while they can connect to Xfinity.com and read/send/receive emails, their email apps or programs, particularly on Apple devices, possibly on others, won't connect, even after trying to change the password in the apps/programs numerous times.

A possible solution, at least for Apple devices, is you need to shut down all devices with email apps/programs connecting to Comcast account except for one device--this probably also means that if you have a mixture of OS' (iOS, macOS, iPadOS, Windows, Android, etc.) you need to shut them all down except for one device.  You should NOT have to delete any accounts (I'm thinking, anyway...).

Once you have just one device working, change the email password for the Comcast account to the new one, and see if it works (test sending to yourself, receiving, etc.).  If it does, then turn on each device one-at-a-time, and reset the Comcast email password for each app/program.  If you have more than one app/program on a device that is using the Comcast account, you may need to somehow disable all the apps/programs on that one device, except for one, reset the password on that one, then enable each app/program one-at-a-time and reset the password.

This worked for my wife and I on our iPhones (Apple Mail) and our Macs (me: OutLook, wife: Apple Mail).

I think the problem is...while you are trying to reset the password on ONE of your multiple apps/programs Comcast accounts, all the other ones are still trying to periodically connect with the old password, and dorking up the connection so that none of them will work...

Good luck!

1 Message

8 months ago

Thank You!!!  I have spent about two hours today trying to figure out why I was not receiving emails on iPhone or ipad for the past week.  I had to change my Xfinity account password but couldn’t get it to change on iPhone or IPad.  I did as you suggested and it worked.  So glad I read your post before deleting email account and starting over in order to change password, as some people recommended.  Thank you again!!😊

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here