U

Tuesday, December 26th, 2023 1:18 PM

Closed

Not receiving verification emails from other sites

Hello, has anyone ever solved the issue of not receiving verification emails to their Comcast.net email. This is really a major headache. Typically use the iOS mail app, but the issue happens on the Xfinity website also. 

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

9 months ago

Hello @user_l6rhpp Thank you for reaching out and sharing the trouble you have had with verification emails be received to your comcast.net email account. I'm sorry for the trouble and I would love to help out! Are you noticing the emails are not being received from a specific source or is it really only one site (account) that you need to verify at this time?

New Poster

• 

9 Messages

9 months ago

I have the same issue. I can't get OTPs from Home Depot and BlockChain. Some other sites come in a few hours to a day later. Also, I noticed an increase in spam emails.

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

Hi, @AlphaKai. Thank you for reaching out to let us know you see the same troubles. Does this happen with any other emails from Home Depot or BlockChain? For example, do their newsletters/updates arrive normally?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New Poster

• 

9 Messages

As far as I know, those are the only two I can't get any verification codes via email.

I had previously opted out of receiving Newsletter emails from HomeDepot. However, when I used to make online purchases or buy something in-store, I would receive an order confirmation or receipt. This no longer seems to be the case.

Regarding Blockchain, it's necessary for me to set up an account with them, as Sofi is transitioning all its cryptocurrency operations to Blockchain. I'm not receiving any OTP from that company.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

@AlphaKai You may want to try temporarily disabling any email filter rules, spam filtering, or email safe list to see if those emails will come through. Otherwise, I would suggest contacting our Customer Security Assurance (CSA) Team to help investigate.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

9 months ago

I also have this problem. Verification codes sent to my comcast email address NEVER arrive, or arrive too late. This is super-frustrating, as there's no way to change an email address or verification method if you can't log in due to a missing code!

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

@escottdesign If you are accessing your 'Comcast.net' email on a mobile device or through an email client, you may want to try accessing directly from the web portal. https://connect.xfinity.com/

1 Message

8 months ago

I have been having the same issue over the past couple of months.  I am trying to have a code sent to my comcast email for email verification and it won't come through.  I have tried on the web and my phone.  This only started happening a few months ago.  Very very frustrating.  I called into Xfinity about a week or so ago and was on hold forever to get a rep.  Then they just kept asking me the same questions over and over with no resolve.  I told them i could no longer wait on the phone while they investigated it and told them to send me the resolution on email.....which I never received, but I did get a text asking me to complete a survey.  Ugh...

Official Employee

• 

535 Messages

@user_twlaoz If you need to be sure an email arrives quickly, try sending another email to the same inbox from another source. You can even send your self an email to do so. That can help process any emails in the queue that are waiting or delayed, to arrive quicker on your mobile device. 

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

I have the same issue. None of my OTP emails come through. If I can't verify through text then I am just locked out. I've disabled spam filters, even added the email addresses as safe emails and nothing works. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 months ago

I am having this issue as well.   I cancelled my xfinity internet service about 3 months ago but I my comcast.net email is still my main email.  I receive daily emails, but I am trying to have a code sent from two specific sources to my comcast email for email verification.  None of the verification emails come through.  I am using a desktop computer and accessing email through the web portal using Chrome.  I tried all the steps you have told others to use...updated Chrome, cleared the cache, cookies and history. I also disabled email filter rules, spam filtering, and email safe list, then tried again.  I even tried using an incognito tab. Nothing works and none of the emails ever arrive.

I even tried using a different browser and the same thing happens.  

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

LadySanH You might try submitted a report on the websites or domains you are not receiving emails from. You can submit that report here: https://spa.xfinity.com/report

1 Message

I am having the same issue, not receiving verification codes.  I also do not receive emails from other legitimate businesses, like my property manager, who have their emails returned to them marked as spam. But they do not appear in my spam folder.

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

Hello @marksteng have you also looked through your Spam Filter Rules? Can you send these without an issue for the business you're not receiving emails from? 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@XfinityMartyR​ 

The site at https://spa.xfinity.com/report is a waste of time. Advanced Security option does not address the issue that I have. The Postmaster Option that says" If you're having an issue with sending or receiving E-Mail with Comcast" is not helpful at all.  It does not give me an option to report the webiste or domain.  I do not get an error message; the email just never arrives in my inbox.

I still have an issue, but when I click that choice it just continually loops back to when I tried to report the issue intitially

1 Message

2 months ago

Anyone resolve this ? This is ridiculous I'm going to cancel my  account

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@user_6id2kr Hello! We are sad to hear you might be closing your Xfinity account with us due to a 3rd party issue, but I can understand the frustration I would feel if I were in your shoes. Our team is here for you. Have you looked at your spam folders to see if the emails might be getting put in there? 

1 Message

Its NOT a 3rd party issue - its happening to my husband and I as well - lots of people w/ this same issue - how is Comcast dealing with it???

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 months ago

Same issue from lapcorp to a comcast email address. No way to add a different email address that will get the OTP. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here