rhinogulius's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

17 Messages

Tuesday, April 4th, 2023 4:56 PM

Closed

no imap option on iphone

Hello. Just yesterday, 4/3/23, prior to your outage, my email was working great on my iPhone. It was synced to the server perfectly. I could see all my folders. Then this morning, I noticed that mail wasn't syncing. I had a set of emails go missing from a 16-hour period. So I thought ok, maybe I need to delete my email off my iPhone. I tried to re-add it. When I set up xfinity mail (iPhone 13 pro max running 16.3.1), I choose "other" and enter my credentials. Then the iPhone automatically chooses to make it a POP account. I do not have the ability to choose IMAP nor do I have the ability to switch it to IMAP by entering "imap.comcast.net"; port 993. It won't accept it. I tried it both on wifi and with wifi disabled. Now I cannot see any of the folders I created on the server. When I run Outlook on my Macbook Pro, I can see the folders from the server but no longer on my iPhone. What is the issue? I have spent hours out of my day troubleshooting this now and I'm very frustrated!

Official Employee

• 

833 Messages

1 year ago

@rhinogulius Working on our side to verify a few things, we'll get back to you as soon as we have more information.

Official Employee

• 

833 Messages

1 year ago

@rhinogulius Could you try again?

Regular Visitor

• 

17 Messages

@XfinityAlex​ thank you for the message. I just tried re-adding my account to my iPhone. First I added it in the default method (POP) and it will load my email account but without any folders. So then I went into settings and changed the incoming mail server to: imap.comcast.net user: (email address); re-entered my password; changed the port to 993 and "Use SSL" and I get the error code: 
"The POP server "imap.comcast.net" is not responding. Check your network connection and that you entered the correct information in the "Incoming Mail Server" field."

Obviously, I cannot enter an IMAP address for a POP server - however, there is no way for me to select POP vs IMAP. When I add the account, it chooses POP automatically and I cannot change it. 

Regular Visitor

• 

17 Messages

@XfinityAlex​ and on top of all of that, I'm still missing 16 hours worth of mail from yesterday. 

Regular Visitor

• 

17 Messages

@XfinityAlex all my emails were restored this morning and I also was able to re-add my account to my iPhone as IMAP. Both my issues have been resolved. Thank you.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

I am having the same issue. I have deleted and re-added the account several times and it has been days without resolution. Any time I try to change the incoming server name to imap.comcast.net is defaults back to mail.comcast.net. Any fixes?

Expert

• 

30.6K Messages

@user_f17225​ 

Rather than trying to "change" the server name have you deleted the account and started over?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

Official Employee

• 

133 Messages

1 year ago

Here are the steps for the workaround for when the iPhone selects the wrong protocol - POP vs IMAP

This is typically due to the iPhone having trouble reaching the internet. First, make sure your internet connection is stable, and then retry setting up the account from the start. 

1. Start the setup of a new mail account
  2. Enter a fake email address with a domain that does not exist such as fakedomain1234.com. You will change this later to your Comcast.net address.
  3. Fill out the rest of the fields with your normal information
  4. This will then present you with the ability to select IMAP or POP.
  5. Fill in all the information with your Comcast.net information including your email and password.  https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/email-client-programs-with-xfinity-email 

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here