richmz's profile

Contributor

• 

23 Messages

Sunday, June 30th, 2024 12:27 PM

New email scams. From myself...

Over the last week I've received many emails from my own email address, spams, scams, etc.

Have these lowlifes found a new way to alias using our own email addresses, to send these irritating messages claiming we owe them money, phishing, etc.

I have checked my Sent folder on the server and no, not from there, so they're generated elsewhere.

Is this crap AI at work? If it is, we yet again have given these criminals another tool to allow their legalized thefts.

I can't block my own email address for obvious reasons.

What, if anything can be done about this?

I'm sure I'm not the only one dealing with this. Is anyone else having this issue?

Rich

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

3 months ago

@richmz Thank you for reaching out to our Xfinity community forum so we can help you deal with these phishing Emails. The best protection against fraudulent Emails is being aware of the methods that are commonly used and knowing how to deal with them when you come across them. You can keep yourself safe and up to date by following these steps. You can also report this to our Customer Security Assurance team so they can mitigate the issue from our side. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 months ago

I am having the same issue. I have received numerous emails from my own email address that are not from me. If I look at them from the email app on my MacBook, they just look like they are from me (my name as sender, my email as address). If I look at them on the Xfinity website, they are sent "from" companies such as Yeti and Tractor Supply but the sender's email is my address. I send them to spam from the Xfinity site but I'd rather not have to set myself up as spam. Super frustrating. 

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

@zackelly Hi there! Thank you for sharing and reaching out on our Xfinity forums! I'm sorry about the trouble with the email showing from you as well. Does it show the comcast.net email address next to the account name as well?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

23 Messages

3 months ago

Yes I get them both aliased(other email addr but my name), as well as most now from my own direct email address.

What we're dealing with here is email standards which ALLOW aliasing.

This is a flaw that has been allowed from day one. Our standardization originator never thought about this spoofing. It needs to be changed.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here