U

Thursday, August 22nd, 2024 12:21 AM

My iPhone no longer receives emails and it says - "Comcast is currently unavailable" when I try to update or re-set my Comcast account

In the last 3 days my iPhone 14ProMax stopped receiving emails.

I had changed my password on my laptop (mac) so I went into my cell phone to update the Comcast email password. When I hit next I got a message saying, "Comcast is currently unavailable". After receiving this message several times I then deleted my email from my phone and re-set it up and got the same message. If I continue to hit next I get the option to save the account, but it may not be able to send or receive emails. I tried this and none of my folders loaded nor did any emails. I at one point was able to see that everything was still on the server it just wasn't loading into the Mail app. Comcast email is working just fine on my laptop.

Since the problem started I did go through the most recent update on my iPhone and that made no difference.

I do not have a VPN

I restarted my phone and tried again, still not working.

Official Employee

• 

863 Messages

27 days ago

user_t1bpn7 Are you having any issues with checking your email on a different device or web browser besides the iPhone?

2 Messages

No problems any where else.

I can check my mail just fine on my mac laptop.

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

@user_t1bpn7 Thank you for keeping us posted so we can continue working with you. To clarify, you're only having issues seeing your Emails from a third party Email app? Can you sign into your Xfinity account and make sure you have enabled third party access to your Emails? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here