Meech's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

10 Messages

Friday, August 9th, 2024 5:48 PM

My emails are not downloading

Since yesterday, none of my emails are downloading.  I typically get emails through my Apple email account, but have also looked on the Xfinity web mail and they are not there either.  

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

1 month ago

@Meech I know how important my emails are so I would be reaching out too. We are here and happy to help you troubleshoot. Have you tried to sign out of your profile then sign back in and did you check to make sure your data/wifi is connected? 

Regular Visitor

• 

10 Messages

Hi Xfinity Peter, thank you for responding.   I was able to determine why I was not getting my emails.   What I found was that someone somehow turned on Auto Forwarding in my email settings and my emails were going to a random email address that was not mine.    I turned that off and reset my password and  then started getting my emails again.   Most concerning however is that this morning I found that Auto Forwarding had again been turned on with another random address.  I have two step verification turned on to sign into my xfinity account and did not receive any notification that someone was trying to access my account.   How can that happen?   Thanks, Mike 

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

@Meech The best course of action, in this case, would actually be to report this to our Customer Security Assurance. You can contact CSA by calling CSA Toll-Free Number: 1-888-565-4329.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Regular Visitor

• 

10 Messages

Thanks XfinityDena,  I called Customer Security Assurance and they were able to fix the issue.  As I understand what happened, someone hacked into my Xfinity email account and then added themself as a secondary user with their email address.  Once they did that, they had the ability to turn on the Auto Forward to another email address.  My amazon account was also hacked this week so I think the purpose of autoforwarding my email to them was so I wouldn't get any emails from Amazon showing what they were up to.  Removing the secondary user is not something one can do themself, but the CSA agent was able to take care of it. 

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

Thank you so much for that update @Meech! I am glad you caught that. Make sure you change and update any passwords for accounts being sent to your email. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here