U

Thursday, April 18th, 2024 10:32 PM

My Comcast Email is suddenly a complete mess

On my computer there are now a bunch of recovered folders that were not there 2 days ago.  I have a bunch of others that are now greyed out and can't do anything with them.  And then today my acct on my phone is missing a bunch of emails from March 2024 all the way back a year to May 2023 -- all just gone from my acct when I view on my phone. I called Comcast as that went as well as it always does which is why I have bare minimum services with them.  I talked to someone overseas that knew exactly nothing and suggested I change my password to fix the problem.  What???  I work in software and that is not going to solve the problem.  I was then assured I would be contacted by tech support within two hours via text.  It has been 24 hours and no text has been received which I told the guy on the phone I would bet a bunch of $$$ that it wouldn't happen.  Comcast/Xfinity is so bad at customer service so it was an easy bet.  So now I have no resolution and I think it is time to stop using Comcast for my email and do everything via Google and Gmail.

Comcast/Xfinity maybe actually do something to fix your issues.  What are files needing to be recovered?  Why are emails just disappearing?  If you check the internet there are all kinds of articles and comments about you dumping a bunch of people's email accts and then not being able to recover them.  So how about that text from tech support that was due 24 hours ago???

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

5 months ago

Hey there, user_5rra1o, thanks for reaching out through Xfinity Forums. We would be happy to help with your email account. I know how important it is to be able to access your emails. Have you tried accessing the emails on multiple devices and are you having the same issue? Are you using the website to access your emails or an app on your computer?

5 Messages

I tried and on another computer it won't even let me get to my mail cause your menus are all blank.  When I sign into Xfinity and go to the purple person icon all you give me a choice of is ROBERTA and Sign Out.  There is no place to even go to my email.  The other menu with the 3 lines next to the Xfinity logo is completely blank.  You are clearly having tech issues.  But on my current computer it is your website access I am using but I also have it on my phone. And yes all show the recovered files that say the name of the folder followed by recovered lost folder and then a string of 20 or more characters.  So what happened to my folders that you had to recover them because I did nothing different.  It shows the same on the web browsers instance and my phone.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

2K Messages

Thank you for all of this information, user_5rra1o! Have you made any recent changes to your Xfinity ID or transferred your account to a new address? Each email box is tied to an Xfinity ID. Do you access your email box at least once a year at our email website? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

5 Messages

I have changed NOTHING and I use my email multiple times a day.  So this is something on your side as I told the supposed customer service rep who did nothing to help solve the issue.

Official Employee

• 

2K Messages

Thanks for confirming there have been no changes with your account or User ID. I will need to take a look at your account from here. 

Please send us a direct message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the direct messaging icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send your message

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

5 Messages

I sent a note to support as instructed and I have heard nothing.

1 Message

2 months ago

on Saturday I was in my email and all was fine, Sunday I went in my email and it was a mess.  All of my emails were gone. I have been on the phone several times with Xfinity and they do not know what to do.  I just want back all my old emails   

3 Messages

16 days ago

Hi user_5rra1o,  I just had the exact same thing happen.  Did you ever get resolved by chance?  I have called customer service twice and not getting very far with it.

5 Messages

No never resolved.  They claimed they didn't cause it and literally refused to talk to me cause my name is not on our Xfinity acct my husband's is.  I have been on this email acct for over 20 years and I don't have to have services with Xfinity to have an email acct.  We were in LA for 2+ years and had no acct with Xfinity and I still used my email. This company is a mess and it is why we have limited svcs with them.  We would move to Astound or other internet provider if they were in our area.  Looking to move all my email to google at this point.  Sorry you too have to deal with this but I wouldn't hold my breath that they will solve it.  They just deny everything.

3 Messages

Thank you for taking the time to reply.  I am in the same boat.  30 years of email is gone.  Devastated.  

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here