U

Tuesday, July 2nd, 2024 3:46 PM

Missing Email

Over 200 emails went missing between the  morning of 06/30/2024 and that evening. My Inbox count showed they're there, but they were not. I tried online chat (was told 60 minutes to recover them, and they were not recovered). I tried both X/Twitter and FB Messenger. Tried online chat again on 07/01, was told I had to call. Called 07/01/2024, spent quite a bit of time on the phone, was eventually told that IF they could be restored, it could take up to two hours. They were not restored. Those emails contained everything from my upcoming election judge assignment (which I needed to accept) and links for election training, e-gift cards I had planned on using Sunday night (when I discovered the emails missing), an original copy of my mother's obituary which is no longer in existence, photos sent by family before my mother's funeral, tickets to a few venues for events. I don't even know what else. This morning, I just discovered that again, my emails are missing. I need someone who actually knows what they're doing to recover these for me. 

Expert

• 

30.8K Messages

2 months ago

@user_s23n62 

If you haven't already I suggest calling Customer Security Assurance.

Customer Security Assurance
Business Hours: 8:00am - 12:00am EST, 7 days a week  

Visitor

• 

11 Messages

2 months ago

It happened to me last week.  ALL of my Inbox email older than late Jan 2024 just disappeared.  We're talking over a decade's worth, many many hundreds that are just ....gone.

If I can't someone to fix this I will never use XFinity email ever again, that's for sure

Contributor

• 

83 Messages

2 months ago

I'm having the same issue since late yesterday morning. My post here has also disappeared. I have contacted Xfinity through direct message but no response yet. Anything after February 2024 has disappeared from my inbox. It's not deleted, I never moved anything and I have not been able to recover them.

Contributor

• 

83 Messages

It seems I am not supposed to contact Xfinity through direct message unless invited to do so. My apologies. But please acknowledge my post so that this can be resolved. Thank you.

Visitor

• 

11 Messages

@d_021329​ 

you don't need to be invited.  Just follow these steps (BTW, they were unable to recover my deleted emails so good luck, you'll need it.  I'm stopping using Xfinity email forever after this.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us: 
• Click "Sign In" if necessary 
• Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page) 
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon 
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list 
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window 
• Press Enter to send your message

Contributor

• 

83 Messages

@Stiv99​ ok thank you. No response yet from Xfinity.

Contributor

• 

83 Messages

@Stiv99​ The thing is I never deleted them. They just disappeared late Monday morning (7/8).

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

Hello d_021329, thank you for reaching out to our Forum and for already taking steps on your end to try and recover those emails. I have certain emails saved that are important, so I can only imagine what you've been going through, but I will do all that I can to help you. I wasn't able to see a post that you created, but I do see your replies on other posts. I've also replied in our DM, and look forward to working with you more. We do ask that customers please first create a public post and hold off on sending a DM until being requested by an official employee. Sending an unsolicited DM is a violation of ourForum Guidelines. This way, we can help provide as much support to our community as possible publicly. 

- XfinityMarcos

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

83 Messages

2 months ago

I finally heard from Xfinity Assist and I also did chat. They said I probably clicked on malware in my span (which I didn't, I know better) and my email was compromised, which I don't buy. But, I reset my password as they suggested and then I was told I should see the missing emails. I did not. Then they said they would do some "back end" things and give it an hour or 2. So, we'll see.

Contributor

• 

83 Messages

2 months ago

Xfinity was able to restore the handful of emails randomly missing in my inbox. It took 2 attempts, first by chat then on here with direct message. So a total of over 4 hours to get restored. A folder showed up in my XFinity and Outlook accounts (Outlook took a little while longer). Hope this helps others.

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here