P

9 Messages

Saturday, August 3rd, 2024 9:07 PM

Marcus Emails Blocked

Hello, 

I really need help. I have an online account with Marcus by Goldman Sachs. In the last 6 months, my Marcus email statements are getting blocked by Comcast. Same with my husband and according to Marcus, all online statements going to Comcast emails are kicked back. However, all the other email notices from Marcus come through EXCEPT statements. This is so frustrating. Note: No, they are not going to spam and we did not block them. My husband doesn’t even know how to block an email. Even if we did, this would not explain why this is happening to other Comcast users.

According to Marcus, the blocked domain name for statements is:

[Edited: "Personal Information"]

Can someone please escalate this to your IT team so we can get this fixed?  I don’t know what else to try. Thank you. 

UPDATE: I just received an email from Marcus announcing my statement was ready. I’m really hoping this is finally fixed. The true test will be that I don’t receive a bunch of paper statements this month. Did anyone else receive the statement email? Hoping it was fixed for all of us instead of just me. That would make me sad. 

1 Message

1 month ago

I  have the same issue!  Very frustrating.  I have double checked my emails and Marcus is NOT blocked.  I've spoken to Marcus as well and have been told it is a Comcast issue.  Why would general info emails come through but not my statements? 

The only other option is to amend the email address which means I would need to change my email contact with Marcus.  I have have an alternate email but it is generally used for junk and not checked on a regular basis so would prefer not to have to go this route.  

Thanks.  

9 Messages

@user_4045xx​ Yes, I went thru all the same thought processes myself and with the Marcus rep. Since I’m receiving other emails from Marcus, it didn’t make sense to set up a new email address or use a less secure address just to solve a Comcast issue. Just FYI, I figured out how to send a DM to Comcast and received a reply earlier. They said to call their Customer Security Assurance Team as they were equipped to assist with this issue. The phone provided was 1-888-565-4329 (8am to 12am Eastern time 7 days/wk). I’m going to try calling tomorrow but wanted to share this info so you could try calling as well. Good luck! P.S. You will need the Marcus domain name. I typed it in my original thread but it was removed. You might need to contact Marcus to get that info before you call. :-)

9 Messages

Welp, this was useless. Comcast insists they are not blocking these emails and told me to call Marcus. I called Marcus (again) and they said it’s Comcast blocking the emails. Round and round I go. The only sliver of good news is Marcus is supposedly working in this. With any luck, they will figure it out eventually. 

Contributor

• 

22 Messages

For your amusement (not that any of this is amusing), see my thread in this forum at:

https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/email/comcast-incoming-email-blockage-and-xfinity-comcast-support-circus/66abe3f438e9a26c9e6d4abb

Comcast is [Edited: "Invalid"].  Not only for no apparent reason, but they don't even know they are doing it, and (as far as my experience so far shows) can't even diagnose the issue.

People are fools for using their @comcast.net addresses for their primary email, but I understand how difficult it is to change.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

893 Messages

@user_4045xx​ I'm sorry to hear of the issues you're having with the Marcus email communications. We do have a great website that you can report issues with receiving emails. Have you by chance gone to this site, selected postmaster, and provided email address you're having issues with? 

https://spa.xfinity.com/advanced-security?faq=report-website-blocked

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

@PleaseFixThis_​ I've been having the same issue exact issue for several months now. I put off trying to contact Comcast because I knew it would be a nightmare to even find how to contact them, and then likely get no answer. I also thought of switching my accounts to another email, but like other comments here, it is one I use for more junk and not official information.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

1 month ago

Hey there, @PleaseFixThis_! I see we've been working with you via direct message, but hadn't responded to you here yet. Please note that sending unsolicited private messages to myself or any other user is a direct violation of our Forums guidelines. You must first create your own public post requesting assistance, and once a Comcast verified employee responds and asks for a private message to be sent, you can then proceed with doing so. This is just a heads up for future reference, and I look forward to assisting you further!

Did you know that you can report issues with sending/receiving emails through Comcast under the "Postmaster" section, here? Let me know if this helps!

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

@XfinitySara​ Wouldn't it be awesome if Comcast and Marcus could get together and fix this issue, rather than making each and every individual customer try to fix it and get the runaround?

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Also, this postmaster section only allows you to report an issue with sending email, not with receiving. The choices to report are: "I'm not able to send email to Comcast customers"; "I can't reach a website that I want to go to"; "I failed ID verification at a retail store."

9 Messages

@user_ef2882​ Yeah, pretty limited options. 

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

1 month ago

Just tried jumping into the pool of this issue after months of receiving a ton of snail mail from Marcus because they are unable to reach me by email (their statement emails are the ONLY ones that I do not receive). Marcus tells me to check my Safe Senders list (which I do not even have enabled) or add the email to my contacts list. I sense a lot of mail in my future. The other frustrating thing is I have several accounts with them and they send a separate letter for each! Just killed an hour 1/2 of my time.

Contributor

• 

22 Messages

A reminder here that:

a) No amount of user contact with Xfinity will fix this problem, (including editing your Safe Senders list, whether enabled or not) and

b) Marcus needs to go through the full nightmare that I did to get anything done, and there is no guarantee / contact / estimate that it will work.

The best "solution" is to abandon your @comcast.net email address, and move somewhere else, because Comcast / Xfinity is [some word that would get edited out] at running reliable email.  You can forward your @comcast.net email to your new email address, which makes it a little easier to transition.

(edited)

9 Messages

@user_ef2882​ Been thru this too. And I now have 4 accts so getting 4 statements per month. Getting inundated with mail. Thought the entire point of email was so we could receive electronic mail. I have officially given up trying to get Comcast to resolve this. They keep giving everyone the run around so it’s clear they either don’t know how or aren’t willing to fix it. Argh. 

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

@user_ef2882​ Exactly my problem !!! Thank you, it helps to know I'm not the only one !

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

user_ef2882 Hello! Thank you for reaching out to us here on our Community Forum. We'll be happy to look into this for you. Please send us a Direct Message with your full name and address and we'll be happy to look into this further. Here are instructions on how to send us a DM in case you need them:

Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send your message

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

29 days ago

Me, too. Please fix this - you have tech people, I don't.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here