mgmerrill's profile

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Friday, September 23rd, 2022 8:54 PM

Closed

Many years of emails, but not all, have suddenly disappeared from my cell phone and PC Xfinity In Box

Hello, I use my Comcast email account on my Apple cell phone, and a windows 10 PC.  Yesterday I saw that emails in my In Box between 6/2009 and 8/2022 were gone. 13 years gone. Emails from all years before 2009 remain, and some (but not all) emails received after 8/7/22 remain. Test email sent since this happened are appearing correctly.  I have changed no settings. The approx 6700 missing items are not in trash. They disappeared from the PC and the cell phone on the same day. I have an iPad as well, and my Xfinity account there still shows all the missing emails...but i am afraid to manipulate them for fear of them disappearing too. Please, what happened to my In Box and how can I restore the missing emails? Thanks for help!!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Problem Solver

• 

411 Messages

2 years ago

Oh gosh, I'm so sorry to hear this. Typically when emails disappear it does require troubleshooting to restore them or find out what happened. I will need to collect your account information to do so, so we do ask that you reach out privately. You can do so by following these steps: 

1. Sign in to the community.
  2. Click the message count or envelope icon to go to your Private Messages Inbox.
  3. Click the New Message icon.
  4. Enter the recipient's name in the Send to field.
  5. Type the reply in the Message box
  6. Click Enter to send your message.
  7. You can see your back and forth messages with any user by clicking the messages.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here