U

Thursday, July 18th, 2024 10:53 PM

help with an email

I have 2 Comcast email accounts.  Both accounts download to my MS Outlook, but when I go online to Xfinity to check emails if I am away one of the emails will not download.  I get messages that the entered credential or authentication information does not work or are no longer accepted by the provider.  So I did all that I could find and even changed the password.  Then I got a message the the provided login data to access mail imap.comcast seems to be wrong.  I can't find what it is supposed to be.

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

2 months ago

Hey there, user_34rurd, thanks for reaching out through Xfinity Forums regarding your email account. I know how important it is to have access to your email services. Are you only having issues with your email through Outlook? Are you able to get logged in through the website? Also, are you only having issues on one device or on multiple devices? 

3 Messages

I am not having a problem with my main email address on on any of my devices.  The the second Comcast address is the one in question.  I can get email from that address on my desktop computer only using Outlook regularly. While I don't use that address a lot there are some emails that I need to access at that address.  I don't use Outlook on my tablets.  I do use Outlook on a laptop but cannot get that address to download on that.  And that second Comcast address will not download when I go online to my Xfinity account to check my email.  I have gotten 2 messages:  The entered credentials or identification information does not work or are no longer accepted by the provider.  Please change them.  The second message is - The provided login data to access mail imap.Comcast seems to be wrong.  I have tried changing the password but I don't know what could be wrong with imap.  I hope you can help with that.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

user_34rurd When you have a moment, please send us a Direct Message with your full name and address so that we can investigate this further. Here are instructions on how to send us a DM in case you need them:

Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send your message

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

3 Messages

My problem has been solved.  Thank you.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here