U

2 Messages

Friday, July 19th, 2024 3:49 PM

Error The provided login data to access mail server imap.comcast.net seem to be wrong. Please correct them.

"The entered credential or authentication information does not work or are no longer accepted by provider. Please change them."

Secondary comcast email account, been working fine for 10 years.  Stopped working - could not access via signing in to Xfinity on line directly.  Or from iPhone, or from Outlook.

Tried to change incoming server password - assume that password is the secondary account password.  Is it?

I need help figuring out what to do to get this corrected.  I need the email content accessible.

1 Message

2 months ago

Crickets.... Outstanding work Comcast

2 Messages

2 months ago

I have the same problem

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 months ago

I have the same problem.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

@joannewrrn Thank you for reaching out on the Xfinity Community Forums. Are you able to log into your email on Xfinity.com? Do you have the "allow 3rd party" checked off in the settings. I would also check out the post from the community member as well on this thread. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

2 Messages

2 months ago

I resolved this problem when I finally got in touch with a live agent.  To fix it for me I did the following (this may help others):

I was using Chrome browser…

• Exit all browser windows that had signed in to Comcast websites or Xfinity connect
  • Signed back in again with the primary account login and password
  • Clicked on the “purple person shaped icon”
  • Clicked on Account and Identity
  • Scrolled down to find the viewer/member that was attached to the problem email address and clicked on that user
  • Clicked on Change Password – and typed in New Password, confirmed password
  • Clicked on Purple Person Icon again and clicked on Check email
  • Found the email address with the triangle with the exclamation point in it and clicked on it – took me to Email Settings
  • Clicked on Accounts
  • Found the troubled one, and clicked on Edit
  • For the incoming server section, I set the data as:
    1. IMAP
    2. comcast.net
    3. SSL/TLS
    4. 993
    5. Email address
    6. Typed in the NEWLY Changed Password
  • For the Outgoing server section, I set the data as:
    1. comcast.net
    2. StartTLS
    3. 587
    4. As incoming server
  • Hit Save

I can’t remember if I got all the way out again and rejoined, or just started refreshing to see if the incoming mail started showing up, and then tested a send from secondary email to primary, and replied from Primary to secondary to see if the fix took.

In my case, it did.  I adjusted all my iPhone, Outlook email account passwords to the NEWLY Change Password, and things are working well for me now across all those platforms.

Hope this is helpful and solves some issues for others.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

user_u3kqlt Thank you for posting this information for others to view. We appreciate your willingness to contribute to our community and we hope this helps others who are having a similar issue.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here