Slh207's profile

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Friday, December 31st, 2021 6:46 PM

Closed

Emails not syncing across all devices -- Help!

Hello.  I have an iPhone, an iPad, and an iMac desktop.  I get Comcast emails on all of them, so they are apparently in sync to receive emails, however, I still need to delete emails separately on each device. All appear to be configured as IMAP accounts, so any help resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Problem Solver

• 

770 Messages

3 years ago

Hello. I can understand the need to ensure emails are in sync. IMAP is the method you want, and you can find out how to manage and ensure you have the correct settings here https://comca.st/3qFr4Ha.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@XfinityBrandon​ Everything is already set up with imap and this has been working correctly until this past Saturday, 2/19.

Problem Solver

• 

497 Messages

Hi, @user_71e11c

Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue.

To send a "Peer to peer" ("Private") message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I have this issue.  I have a PC with outlook, an iPad and an iPhone.  I deleted mail and read mail on my iPad.  All are set up with imap.  However, no other devices reflect what I did on the iPad.  I appears imap is not working.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

I have a similar issue: up until last week or so I could read and delete email on my android phone, my android tablet and my Windows 8.1 PC. Suddenly they aren't in sync anymore, and I have not changed a thing. Any ideas on what is happening?

Problem Solver

• 

1.3K Messages

@user_b56151 Hi there! Sorry to learn about the email trouble. Is the issue related to delays of incoming mail or sending mail? 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@XfinityJodie​ 

The issue is not any type of delay. I am receiving all emails, as far as I can tell. The problem is that when I look at new emails on my Samsung phone, the emails I see on both my Samsung tablet and my Asus PC still show as Unread. If I look at emails on my tablet or PC, it IS synced up in my phone. I never had this problem before a couple of weeks ago. 

Around that same time, I was sorting through unread emails on my PC by searching for a specific sender and selecting that grouping and deleting them or marking them as read. However, at some point, even though I had only selected just the emails that I had searched for (say, emails from Kohl's) and then said to mark them as read, it marked ALL unread emails as read. Surprise!!! BUT, I noticed it didn't sync with my phone, so now my phone says I have 1556 unread emails, but my tablet says I have 72 and my PC says it's 74. I'm glad that I am able to view everything, but I don't know why the synchronization is not there any more.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

358 Messages

Ok, good deal thank you for those details. Try signing out and then sign in again to see if that helps synchronize it for you. 

I no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum or work for Comcast. 

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

No, that did not change anything. Do you think mail settings on my phone or laptop needs to be reset? I have not had to do that before, but do you think that would help? If so, give me an idea of what they should be and I can look to see if they are the same.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

That would be great to take a look at the settings. Here is the link to let compare The Difference Between IMAP and POP - Xfinity Connect Help.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here