abrodach's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Tuesday, April 13th, 2021 9:21 PM

Closed

E-mails Never Arrive (possibly blocked by Barracuda/spam filter?)

Long story short -- certain e-mails appear to get "black holed" for me. I'm guessing they're getting caught up in the Barracuda or whatever device being used -- and they're never getting released. This has been going on for about 2 years now and I've been trying to get it resolved for at least 6 months but don't seem to get anywhere.

It has gotten to the point that there are multiple accounts I cannot login to for various reasons, IE: two factor authentication e-mails never arrive. Today a site is forcing me to change my password to my account, by sending an e-mail to me (because the site was breached) -- but those e-mails are not arriving like many others -- effectively locking me out of that account -- because of this issue.

This all started after I accidentally selected all my email on my iPhone, and designated it as junk. I went through and restored the e-mail -- but ever since that day, e-mails do not come in from many senders. I don't know how that could have caused it, but it seems to be connected. Also -- it does not go into my spam folder -- it never arrives in any way shape or form -- and it happens to at least 10-15 different senders. I've slowly changed my accounts over to my Gmail account because of this issue, but some accounts I cannot access to do this. It does not matter what client I use, the e-mail never arrives.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Official Employee

• 

744 Messages

3 years ago

Hey @abrodach! Thank you for taking the time to make this post and let us know of the issues you are running into with your email. I use my email pretty much every day, so I know I wouldn't be too happy if I was having issues receiving emails! We'd love to help get everything working so that you can properly receive the communications you need and have access to all of your accounts. Just to confirm, if you were to access your email directly from the Xfinity website (https://comca.st/3ebWezx) on a computer/laptop, are the emails still not being received?

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Hi @ComcastKatieMS -- thank you for your response. Sorry it took a couple days to respond, for some reason the e-mail notifying me of a response went into my Xfinity "Spam" inbox so I did not notice it. To answer your question, yes -- regardless of the client I use to access my e-mail, the e-mails never arrive -- even if I use the Xfinity Webmail client -- they do not show up in any of the folders in Xfinity Connect.

I've tried everything I can think of -- I've turned the "Spam filter" off and they never arrive, turn it back on and they never show up in my Inbox nor in my "Spam" inbox. Various other e-mails stopped showing up about 2 years ago also -- not as important of things but simple things like NewEgg ads that I used to receive that I no longer receive. Obviously those aren't important but that is just an example of how certain e-mails all suddenly stopped around the same time that this issue first cropped up, and I like to use that as an example because I can easily look through my old e-mail and see around when this problem first started.

This issue started around 4/9/2019 I would estimate -- if that helps. So it has been ongoing for about 2 years now and as time goes on I notice more and more e-mails that I do not or cannot receive.

Thanks!

Official Employee

• 

923 Messages

Do you have any type of filters on file, such as marking things as spam, forwarding emails, any kind of blocked settings on your end like blocked emails for X sender? If you had all emails marked as that, and then some of the blocks were not removed, that could be causing further issues. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

@ComcastStarr -- I do not have any filters, forwarding, or blocked settings that I can see. After I accidentally marked all e-mail as "Junk" on my iPhone, I went through and marked all the e-mail in the "Junk" folders as not junk. I assumed this fixed things but then I began to notice the e-mails not coming in. I checked my phone settings after this, and there are no filters, forwarding, or blocked senders on that client (though I would assume that even if my phone had settings blocked, I should still receive the e-mails in Xfinity Connect since it should be client based)

I checked my settings in Xfinity Connect -- and everything is clear there also. So on my end, from everything I can see, nothing should be getting blocked, filtered, forwarded -- or anything. Which is why I assumed something deeper had happened. I inserted a picture with the settings I currently have set in Xfinity Connect to show that nothing appears out of the ordinary there -- so unless there are settings I cannot see, I'm not sure what else to do at this point. The only other things I can think of, is that this e-mail is an e-mail generated from a main account. I've had this e-mail for 20+ years, created off of my parents main account -- I would assume the settings for the account would be completely separated from the main account though -- grasping at straws with that thought.

Thanks again!

Official Employee

• 

7K Messages

Hello abrodach. Thanks for the response and the screenshots. Your settings look fine. I know you mentioned the emails you are not receiving, are also not found on our Xfinity Connect website. Having said that, sometimes emails being sent from mass distribution or from online automation, can arrive with sometimes, significant delay. Do you have any recent examples where someone sent you an email, that you know you did not receive? We would need to know the email subject line and the sent date/time, in order to take a deeper dive. If you have this example, please send it to us via direct chat message and include your full name and service address to Xfinity Support.

Detailed steps to direct message us: 
 • Click "Sign In" if necessary
 • Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon
 • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
 • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list.
 • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
 • Press Enter to send your message

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here