allthereis's profile

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, August 30th, 2024 8:34 PM

Emails disappeared

Many many emails from 2/21 to

4/29 disappeared from Comcast online, IPhone and PC using Thunderbird. Your agent recovered emails I had deleted recently (not the missing ones) and said the rest were my fault and wanted to charge $150 to recover. Not satisfactory or sensible.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

17 days ago

Hey @allthereis, Thank you for visiting our official Xfinity Forums Community support page. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience regarding the Xfinity Email service. I would be more than happy to offer my assistance looking into this further for you.

If we have already gone through the recovery process, and you do not see the missing emails within the recovery process folder, the emails would not be recoverable. We do not have a process in place to charge for email recovery. With using a third-party email client, you can look into seeing if they have any back-up and/or recovery features to help prevent missing emails in the future. Once the emails are off the server, they would not be recoverable. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

My question is - how did they disappear from the server - as well as on my PC and IPhone?  Your representative did ask for a $150 recovery charge and said the problem was within my home network.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

That is a great question @allthereis and we understand why you ask that but it may be hard for us to tell remotely. To confirm, were you using a third party client or accessing your emails directly from our website? Was the representative able to provide any additional insight? I also see that they asked for a $150 recovery charge which is strange, would you like us to review the charge for you? If so, please send us a Direct Message with your first and last name along with the service address on the account. 

To send a "Direct Message" ("Private") message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message chat" icon
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here