U

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, May 18th, 2021 3:46 PM

Closed

Emails are disappearing after clicking on them

After I click on an email in my inbox, at the next refresh, the email disappears. It does not show up in my Deleted Items folder. However, if I do an inbox search for the disappeared emails, they will still show up. This is a recent problem that has been going on for the last week or so. 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

An update...if I search for the emails that have disappeared, and then click to "Mark as unread", they again show up in the Inbox. So the disappearing act has something to do with the message being read. 

Problem Solver

• 

369 Messages

Hello and Happy Thursday, ! I hope you’re having a great week so far! I also appreciate you taking a moment out of your day to reach out to us on our Community Forums! You’ve reached the best place and perfect person to help with virtually all of your account needs! Going forward, I'm truly sorry to hear about the email issues you're having with your emails disappearing once opened up on your end as this sounds very strange! We definitely want to work on having this all corrected for you. To confirm, are you using our web or mobile application when viewing your email? Also, are you using a third-party email client such as Outlook, etc.? Thanks again for both your time and patience today! 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

What was discovered about this problem? I have been having it myself and now I am getting very tired of it.

Please what is the fix?

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Oh, I am on Xfinity email.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

I finally figured out what my issue was here. On the web version of email, I had apparently sorted by "Unread". Therefore, as soon as I clicked on an email, and it became read, it would disappear. After changing back the sort function to "Date", all of the missing emails reappeared. 

Problem Solver

• 

1.4K Messages

@user_ac9190 Yay! This is great news! I am glad you figured out what was happening. If anything else comes up in the future, please don't hesitate to reach out. The digital care team is here and happy to help! 

I no longer work for Comcast.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here