user_edf725's profile

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Thursday, July 25th, 2024 8:45 PM

Email Quota reached - despite deleting GBs of data

I've deleted on both web and on pc (outlook) hundreds of emails and many large emails.  It has hardly budged the amount of "reported used" space.  I often will get a "100% quota reached" message after deleting megabytes of data (which is some cases now appear to be duplicates".  Help!  We have spent hours/days trying to address or fix.

yes- emptied trash (on pc and web)

yes - deleted duplicates

yes - tried to use other customer service methods but most probably need a technical resource agent

Thank you

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

2 months ago

Part of my issue may also be having to get a new windows PC - old one was a 10 and I've now moved to Windows 11.  Tried my dardest to keep from having duplicates while retaining older emails. ARGH

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hey user_edf725, thanks for reaching out to Xfinity Support on our forums. When you are logged in online, do you see in the folder section a recovery tab? Sometimes that can be where all the duplicates are stored. Also, have you tried filtering by size so you can delete the biggest ones?

(edited)

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Thank you for writing.  Yes we have spent several days deleting large files.  It almost seems that new ones or even duplicates of old ones appear.  Also do not see a "revovery tab"

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

More interesting is that we found another folder with "sent" items from years back.  We are deleting megabytes there too and still getting the Quota warning

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

again it almost seems that if we delete....it prompts the warning and when we check the "gear" on the web mail site it seems stuck at 96%

At first we thought the newly found "sent" folder was actually populating with deleted items but these all appear to be old.  Hoping that more "deleting" in the newly found folder helps us with our issue.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

user_edf725 Thanks for checking all of that. I'm glad you found the other folder and thanks for going through that as well. I'll check in with you tomorrow to see if that help or take a deeper look into it.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Expert

• 

30.9K Messages

2 months ago

@user_edf725 

Have you cleared your cache and cookies?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here