U

Wednesday, June 19th, 2024 6:01 PM

email not sending after password change

I was forced to change my password this morning.  My email is not 3rd party but a comcast.net account. Emails sent to me are being received but the ones i am sending are not making it to the recipients. I had to switch over to a gmail backup email account.

Expert

• 

30.9K Messages

3 months ago

@user_ktxisl 

I was forced to change my password this morning.  My email is not 3rd party but a comcast.net account. Emails sent to me are being received but the ones i am sending are not making it to the recipients. I had to switch over to a gmail backup email account.

Are you checking your email on the website or using a 3rd party app like Outlook or Thunderbird to get it?

Official Employee

• 

537 Messages

3 months ago

@user_ktxisl Is there an undeliverable error message you're receiving? Our expert @EG had a good question as well. 

Expert

• 

30.9K Messages

@XfinityBradM​ 

Thanks for mentioning @EG instead of @Again !  🤣

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

1 Message

24 days ago

Was there any resolution on this?  I just updated my password (which seems to happen every few weeks, it seems) and now I cant access my emails on my phone  - I know Im using the right new PW, but through the phone app, it keeps saying I have  not entered a password .  I deleted comcast mail form my phone - Im trying to add it back on, but still getting 'password' errors.  

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hey @user_848n8v, Thank you for visiting our official Xfinity Forums Community support page. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience regarding the Xfinity Email service. I would be more than happy to offer my assistance looking into this further for you. Have you attempted to delete your email profile from your phone and re-add to see if it allows to input your Xfinity ID and updated password? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here